Rocker C - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Softail General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rocker C

Need some opinions. I ride a 2003 Fatboy now. I am looking at a 2009 Rocker C. I like the looks of this bike but am concerned with the future of this model. I don't want to buy this bike and 5 years from now have the demand drop. Anyone have any thoughts?
Pvbsled. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Demand's already dropped.

Good part is: It's a softail, so from the rear swingarm forward, it's basically the same bike. Engine, trans, etc. Just has a wide rear tire kit from the factory.

Forks and triple trees are different in appearence, however, are interchagable with other softail models.

I like them with the seat kit, eliminating that ET (Extra Terestrial) looking seat........

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

I have an '09 Rocker C.....Trust me, unless you are ready to pay our your ass for custom parts, then don't buy one. My Bitchin' Seat Co. seat will be like $700+ (just for the seat), pipes are limited, unless you know how to fab and have a welder handy (lucky for me, I am a metal fabricator).

They are good bikes, and cruise REALLY well on the highway. Not so much suited for curvy roads, but they don't do bad...

We went for a 130 mile trip Friday, which according to my ass sitting on my stock seat was the equivilant to probably what I'd assume a 1,000 mile bike ride would be on a bike with a comfortable seat. LOL

Other than the lack of model specific parts, and the uncomfortable seat, it's a great bike. Like Dave said....From the rear swing-arm forward, it's a regular Softail...So all the other parts are interchangeable except for seats and exhaust....Which I'm not convinced that the exhaust is not totally interchangeable with little-to-no modification...Nothing a plasma torch, MIG welder, and BFH can't fix.
DynoJet Power Vision programmer
BamaHDRocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Nice looking bike with the big ass tire in back but when I sat on it I got right off. Very uncomfortable, was was the MOCO thinking???
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

I love the Rocker except the big gap under the seat.
Badinfluence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badinfluence View Post
I love the Rocker except the big gap under the seat.
That's easily fixed: Bitchin Seat Company - Gallery

However, and unfortunately, not inexpensively fixed.

This is the seat I plan on getting for mine....Cheapest way out is around $700-$800. However, it's still ALOT cheaper than the Heartland USA EZ-Rocker kit.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Please check out some of the other Rocker C discussions. I love mine, but aftermarket parts are hard to find. I find the seat comfortable, but others don't. Some don't like the look of the seat, but most fixes to that eliminate the "softail" aspect of the bike. Therefore, it's not much of a fix.
Though there are negatives, I love mine. Beyond that, most people love mine. Check out my pics... One thing to note is that HD is planning on discontinuing this line next year. It isn't official yet, but that's the buzz.

BTW, I had a local embroiderer, in conjunction with a local upholsterer, redo my stock seat. It only cost me $250. I think it looks good. Just a matter of taste.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

I heard at my local HD dealer that they ARE discontinuing them... That's what I heard, but that could have just been something the guy heard and it turned into a "they are" instead of a "they might be" thing. You know how things can get lost in translation. LOL

I do love my Rocker C, but there are several aspects I would love to change. 1 being the aweful looking (and weak sounding) stock pipes. I have done a stage 1 baffelectomy on mine a year or so back, and that helped, but it's still too high-pitched for my liking (still sounds like hot-rodded V-Star with loud pipes when you get on it). It's definitely alot louder, but it's not very deep sounding unless you're at idle. It did help to pick-up a little bottom-end TQ and top-end HP according to my "butt-dyno", but that could just be wishful thinking on my part. LOL

I would also like to change the seat and change the tag bracket, and customize the rear fender a little bit (cut it short, and make a design in it or something).
Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like the lowered Bitchin seat.

Q: If I put the bitchin seat on , can I swap my old one back if I like? Harley has a seat and lowering kit that costs $4k with paint and all. So, $750 sounds reasonable.
StratoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

Oh yeah....There's no fabrication involved when just swapping seats. Thats's one reason I like the Bitchin' seat over the Heartland EZ-Rocker conversion....You don't have to change out anything but the seat, and the seat mounting brackets for the Bitchin' seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.