2012 Heritage STC front end wobble - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Softail General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Garage
Smile

well, fourth trip to the HD dealer today. they are going to replace the master cylinder (front break was junk after being tweeked twice) replace voltage regulator (recall) and try and fix the front wheel problem.
UnknownLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

I was reading from another post concerning wobble, don't know your situation, (not enough detail), but if wobble is from rolling off throttle without using break, it could be either loose spokes in rear wheel or factory Dunlop tires.

Each case was to replace the tires and problem resolved.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Red_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE=Red_Dragon;652879]I was reading from another post concerning wobble, don't know your situation, (not enough detail), but if wobble is from rolling off throttle without using break, it could be either loose spokes in rear wheel or factory Dunlop tires.

Each case was to replace the tires and problem resolved.

Yes, it was decel. but instantly it got so bad that the whole entire bike was fishingtailing back and forth going down the road. the front spokes were tweeked twice, with a total of 16 weights on the front wheel...lol. Not acceptable for a brand new bike. it is in the shop now, picking it up tomorrow....we'll see what they did with that. and they were going to replace the master cylinder too....hope it is like "new"
Old 11-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

16 weights are way to many!
TB Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

Garage
Heritage spoke undate!

well, after over a year of repeated trips to Harley service (...7?) I FINALLY got a new front tire. picked it up yesterday, seems to ride just fine! why did they take so long to replace the tire???? Maybe wanted to shut me up once they realized i wasn't going away quietly....
Old 08-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #36 (permalink)

Glad I found this thread. I have the same problem with mine. I thought the tire was not balanced to I took the weights off and added dyna beads. Still wobbles. Seems like the fix is new tires.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Zer071 is offline   Reply With Quote