Highway Pegs - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Softail General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Question Highway Pegs

Thinking about adding a set of highway pegs to my bike. One problem, I am having problems finding peg mounts that bold to the frame of the bike and not to engine guards.

Anyone have a set like this? Any recomendations? Pics of them on your bike? Any help would be welcome.

Thank you.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by articfreez View Post
Thinking about adding a set of highway pegs to my bike. One problem, I am having problems finding peg mounts that bold to the frame of the bike and not to engine guards.

Anyone have a set like this? Any recomendations? Pics of them on your bike? Any help would be welcome.

Thank you.
Kuryakyn makes a rig for pegs that mounts to the floorboards. You can also get a bar that mounts to the lower crash bar mounts for pegs.

I stole this photo from classifieds, but you get the idea:

you don't like an engine guard? I love mine.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Chasarms - I will admit that engine guards lood good on alot of bikes but, with the direction I am going with my bike I don't think I would like the look of them. A set if highway peg mounts like that with pegs that can fold out of the way will help keep the sleek design I am wanting to keep. I have seen one set that clamped to the down tubes of the frame, kind of like the ones that clamp to engine guards, but I can't remember the who made them or where I had seen them.

My stock pegs stick out far enough for me to throw my feet on top of them but because the bottom of my boot has nothing to rest against my legs and feet turn to the side puts pressure on my knees and hip. At first that is ok. After a while though my hip and knees start to hurt like the joint has been pulled apart.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage
I get it now. I wasn't thinking about the fact that you have forward controls already. I like my bar and pegs because I tend to ride with my heal on the front edge of the floorboard and my toe on the highway pegs.

Maybe something like this would work for you:

Peg Mounted Cruise Mounts | Foot Controls | Küryakyn
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
I was in the same boat with my blackline. I ended up puting the harley moustache guard with harley close mount highway brackets. Worried about the look at first but love it now. Really helps me stretch out my 6'3" frame to on long rides.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com App
Blackline11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bikeless....for now!

Like this? KURYAKYN ADJ MUSTACHE BAR 4 HARLEY SOFTAIL MODELS 7548 | eBay
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
Here are the links for the parts that used. I don't have an updated picture but I can get a few if you would like.

Mustache Guard

Mustache Engine Guard - Gloss Black | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Highway Ped Mounts

Billet Engine Guard Footpeg Mounting Kit - Gloss Black | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA
Blackline11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you for all the help. I ordered these.

Longhorn Arm with ISO-Pegs | Foot Controls | Küryakyn

I was wanting pegs that mounted directly to the downtubes.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Garage
Went to HD dealer yesterday to pick up my new highway pegs and mounts. Drive the 45 miles back home (had to take car cause wife and kids wanted to go), only to find out that the clamps they ordered for my down tubes were the wrong size. The book they had said they were 1 1/8" when accually they measure 1 1/4". Time to call them up and say WTF!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasarms View Post
Kuryakyn makes a rig for pegs that mounts to the floorboards. You can also get a bar that mounts to the lower crash bar mounts for pegs.

I stole this photo from classifieds, but you get the idea:

you don't like an engine guard? I love mine.
chasarms

I'm not finding this road peg in the picture you posted.
Any chance you can find this part for me as this is perfect for my Fat Boy!
Bruce1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.