Windshield extension add-on? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Older than Dirt
Windshield extension add-on?

Does anyone know of a company who makes a simple height extension that I can put on my H-D windshield to increase the height about 2-3 inches. Years ago I had a bike windshield that had an extension across the top of the "glass" that increased the height a few inches. This particular windshield had the extension mounted on "stand-off's" which allowed an air gap behind the extension and the main windshield. I think the stand-off's/gap also reduced the frontal pressure on the extension. The extension was dark tinted but that is of no concern. My windshield is fairly rounded at the top but I believe I have the equipment to fit any extension to this windshield. I sort of cringe at ordering a $60 to $70 shorty "glass" just to try modifying. The windshield is adjusted as high as it will go now so short of replacing the entire "glass" or finding an extension I seem to be stuck with a face full of wind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode