problem starting - Page 11 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Sportster General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #101 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by majster81 View Post
I cannot just hope and pray that it will or not have more problems I need to be 1000% certain. Sporty is my daily driver and I use it for work and errands so it cannot let me down. .
Im confused.. it's okay, it happens often.
I thought you said in post 94 that this was your daily driver an you need to be 1000% sure...

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #102 (permalink)

Ya Daily driver in Summer in Winter I dont ride. This past Summer I rode from May 7th trough first week of September with only a week break because of rain. I still need my bike in 100% running order. I dont need a bike that might or might not start. That was my point. Thank you
majster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #103 (permalink)
Retired citizen

Quote:
OK Ok I will try to relax and get the bike on the road once it will get nice. I dont have a garage and keep the bike for winter in the storage locker (classified location) LOL. So when the weather is nice in Winter like today I just bring the car because I dont have an access to the locker at 5.30 plus it's pretty cold. Thank you all for the time spent here and following this thread.
Oh dude, you never told me that !!! No wonder your bike hates you ! You don't have a Gremlin at all ! The bike wants to be in your living room with you when you're watching football on Saturday and Sunday afternoons ! In a storage locker ... "c'mon man"...

Just teasing dude ! ... Keep in touch.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #104 (permalink)

But wait... There is more. Let the future readers know what the cable looked like.
It seems like the ends were not crimmped on they strands were tinned with thick layer of tin and terminals were pressed on so whatever strands fit into the terminal were in there and whatever stayed out well stayed out. I managed to twist the terminal that was attached to the starter solednoid off and thats how I found the tinn. Check it out. The more I think about it the more I remember that on few ocasions I had a click from the starter instead of crank. I should've paid closer attention. Bike still runs great.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #105 (permalink)

here is a picture of the whole cable and the one I made with propper termination and extra insulation at the terminal points
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #106 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

Quote:
But wait... There is more. Let the future readers know what the cable looked like.
It seems like the ends were not crimmped on they strands were tinned with thick layer of tin and terminals were pressed on so whatever strands fit into the terminal were in there and whatever stayed out well stayed out. I managed to twist the terminal that was attached to the starter solednoid off and thats how I found the tinn. Check it out. The more I think about it the more I remember that on few ocasions I had a click from the starter instead of crank. I should've paid closer attention. Bike still runs great.
Unlike an OL, when a bike talks ya best be listenin. Glad you found it.

"Give her full throttle till ya see God... then back off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Golds bike sounds like a 66' Chevelle. It's amazing.
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #107 (permalink)

Pics dont load let me try again
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/IMG_0006.jpg
and now the closeup of the bad one

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/IMG_0002.jpg
I would have not found it without Schmidty's help. He is worth a lot.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #108 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Jesus, dude. They're battery cables, not beef jerky. Quit chewing on them. I don't care if you like the taste and the current excites you.

Chief Illiniwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #109 (permalink)
In the wind

Wow hard luck majster.
Don't forget to put fuel stabilizer in your tank, slosh it and run it for a few minutes.
No need for your carb to get gummed up over the winter!
And can you run a trickle charger on it?
No need to waste a new battery.
NCWSporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #110 (permalink)

Yes trickle charger and fuel stabilizer, I was thinking Sea Foam? maybe?