Michelin Schorchers - Not impressed. - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Sportster General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Michelin Schorchers - Not impressed At ALL!!!!

Just turned 4300 miles over on my 2012 wide glide and my scorchers were completely wore out. I was even sketchy riding to the dealership to have new tires put on the bike. I sure thought with them being a Michelin tire, they would have been alot better quality tire than what they proved to be. Sadly disappointed. Needless to say didnt go back with the Michelin Scorchers.
countryboy_4499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #32 (permalink)

Thats just a Sportster bro. You pretty much described the negatives to owning one. Upgrade the shocks, buy new tires or whatever you want but it isn't going to help a lot if any. Good luck and be safe.
roylee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roylee74 View Post
Thats just a Sportster bro. You pretty much described the negatives to owning one. Upgrade the shocks, buy new tires or whatever you want but it isn't going to help a lot if any. Good luck and be safe.
Yeap, I am well aware of that Though the upgrades and the tyre change helped a lot actually; it is definitely a safer and a better bike now. But yeah, I have no delusions about its limits.
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

Schorchers?

Love my Metzelers. They're the ONLY tires I'll put on my bike. Great feel, excellent handling and great grip on wet roads. Ride on the tar snakes and cracka A LOT smoother than Dunlops - for sure. Same goes for that nasty metal grating on the Canada/US bridges
01UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01UltraRider View Post
Love my Metzelers. They're the ONLY tires I'll put on my bike. Great feel, excellent handling and great grip on wet roads. Ride on the tar snakes and cracka A LOT smoother than Dunlops - for sure. Same goes for that nasty metal grating on the Canada/US bridges
I hear a great deal of good word about them. They are definitely on my wish-list, after the Michelin Commander IIs are worn out.

Metzeler ME880 Marathon 150/80B16 Rear Tire | 216-070 | J&P Cycles
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #36 (permalink)

Before you run out and buy new tires, contact Michelin and tell them. Make a lot of noise and they just may help with a pro-rated refund or maybe a new (different kind of) tire. With only 1/2 of the life used on the tire and given the fact that you have had the issues for almost the entire time you have owned the tire, I would at least make the call.

As for new tires, I just put Avon Cobra's on my sportie. I haven't ridden it yet as it's still apart in my garage but I have heard nothing but good things about them. I am anxious to try them!

Good luck!
Redrooster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #37 (permalink)

By the way, God bless you for having the guts to make that trek through the city every day! I don't envy you for having that daily commute!
Redrooster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrooster66 View Post
By the way, God bless you for having the guts to make that trek through the city every day! I don't envy you for having that daily commute!
hahaha thank you for the compliment. I actually enjoy it quite a lot
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #39 (permalink)

A tire that works great on a 900 pound Ultra, loaded down with 50-100 pounds of valuable, stuff in the bags and trunk, may suck on a 600 pound Sporty.
Badinfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
Poser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badinfluence View Post
A tire that works great on a 900 pound Ultra, loaded down with 50-100 pounds of valuable, stuff in the bags and trunk, may suck on a 600 pound Sporty.
The MC II's are made for the big bikes and so far work perfectly
on my sporty,,,so far,,,,