Exhaust Help for an Iron883 - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Sportster General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

I like the Bassani Sweepers in black.
AlTheKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pop Punks Not Dead

I've been running the straight shots for a while now. Really nice clean and classic look. Nice sound. I love them but they are pretty loud. I don't mind but some people (like my neighbors) aren't fans when I have to let it warm up at 530am. But hey, loud pipes save lifes right?

"Lets Roll"
LESSthanDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Usmansait

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the help.
Went to the dealership yesterday and had a long chat. They were not recommending the V&H fuel pak saying that it starts fluttering after a 100 odd km and the bike gets very sluggish.
He was suggesting the 32109-08C screamin eagle fuel management instead with a sportster stage I air cleaner kit (29782-07)and change spark plugs if i was opting for the full system which makes my choices even more tough to make considering the budget.
So the choices seem to be inclining towards the slip ons as the pricing is similar to the US as they have discounts offered at the showroom currently.
Tough decision it seems
2006 R1 Limited Edition
Usmansait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

check out Rush exhaust pipes
Tennjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmansait View Post
Need help to buy an exhaust for my sporty....i just want something that gives a deeper sound to the ride...With like more bass....
My choice are as follows
1. Screaming eagle slip on
2. V&H straight shot slip ons
3. V&H twin slash 3" slip ons
4. V&H short shots staggered with fuel pak
Well, i am on a tight budget so really dont want to spend too much on it.... Whats ur opinion on the same? Is there anything else that u suggest that i need to add onto this ?
Thx in advance
I can recommend any of the V&H options, but with QUIET BAFFLES !
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Usmansait

Can anyone tell me what happens if I install a V&H Short Shorts without any fuel management for the time being, I would change the airfilter now and later get my fuel management.
2006 R1 Limited Edition
Usmansait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmansait View Post
Can anyone tell me what happens if I install a V&H Short Shorts without any fuel management for the time being, I would change the airfilter now and later get my fuel management.
You can change to any of the V&H without the fuel management, but you won't gt away with the a/c, pipes and no fuel management. It will be way lean, run like crap and maybe detonate.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

if you want a good sound on a budget take a hole saw and cut the baffles out of your stock shotgun pipes. crank her up they should shoot out if not let her cool a bit fish them out with bent coat hanger you`ll be suprised how good it will sound with the classy look of the shotguns.
Tennjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.