Exhaust Help for an Iron883 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Sportster General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Usmansait

Exhaust Help for an Iron883

Need help to buy an exhaust for my sporty....i just want something that gives a deeper sound to the ride...With like more bass....
My choice are as follows
1. Screaming eagle slip on
2. V&H straight shot slip ons
3. V&H twin slash 3" slip ons
4. V&H short shots staggered with fuel pak
Well, i am on a tight budget so really dont want to spend too much on it.... Whats ur opinion on the same? Is there anything else that u suggest that i need to add onto this ?
Thx in advance
2006 R1 Limited Edition
Usmansait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

if you can afford it, go with the V&H short shots staggered. they look good, sound amazing, and relatively cheap. If you go slip on route I would say either of the V&H slip ons you mentions would be good, they should sound similar so it really gets down to the look you want. Exhaust is a big change, I would say save the money until you can get the exhaust you want. If you want a set that costs $700 but can only spend $400, save the money instead of spending $400 now and saving again until you get the set you want. $700 is much cheaper than $1,100 if you do the step up process.
02sportytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have the short shots on my 883C. They are ok... Don't try to run without the baffles though. It sounds cool but runs like shit. The SE a/f gave it a bit more. Overall I am happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Mad Dog 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Im a fan of the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. Thats what I plan on doing.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight883 View Post
Im a fan of the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. Thats what I plan on doing.
Yeah those are sick. That's what I plan on getting when I get my 883. I see a lot of bikes with v&h short shots

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Tbone11_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone11_11 View Post
Yeah those are sick. That's what I plan on getting when I get my 883. I see a lot of bikes with v&h short shots

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

I like the sound from the short shots, but I dont like the look of them. If they were solid black. I would like them better. but the little bit of chrome on them is a deal breaker for me.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
I have the Big Shots Staggered with the fuelpak.

"What, me worry?" -Alfred E. Neuman
Pappa P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Cycle Shack slip-ons two & a half inch with removable baffles have the deepest low growl with their baffles in . I like the slash cut . They come with some of the best chrome finish I"ve seen anywhere and sound unbelievably good . I think I paid around $137.00 shipped from Amazon . Believe me ,you will love the sound . I normally remove the baffles on all of my bikes but these just sound great and really helped the torque & gas mileage . Don't forget the MMO & Sea Foam !
Ride Safe & Ride Rightous !!
THE ROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm staggering. With quiet baffles.

I just took out the quiet baffle and drilled a hole in the heat shield for access to the baffle screw and put in the standard baffle.

2005 XL1200C Vance & Hines Staggered Short Stacks w/QQ Thunder Monster Baffles, D & M chrome spike air cleaner, 48, 185 jets, 12" Burly's, Mustang Cyclone solo seat, Progressive 412 shocks.

2009 FXSTC Vance & Hines Big Radius, V&H air filter, 16" RSD King Apes w/1 1\2" risers and 1 1/2" riser extensions, Progressive 422 shocks, Corbin seat.
squeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Google up Big City Thunder Baffles and see what's available for your bike. Put them in my V&H Big Shots Staggered and they give a low, loud note.
bensfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote