Iron 883 arriving soon : The next step - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Ride to Ride
Iron 883 arriving soon : The next step

Greetings !

Ive just booked my Iron 883 & am waiting for delivery. It takes a while here in India! Super stoked about the bike. Been riding since I was sixteen and currently ride a 1970 350cc Royal Enfield. Time had come to upgrade and finally ride the American legend so with the most my wallet could stretch Ive booked my first ever Harley.

Ive been putting together my accessories wish list of sorts. Ill have to do it nice and slow cause the prices here in India have a 200% import fee on it.

Ive listed the first few essential accessories Ive been thinking about and my queries about them. Any suggestions and advice about this or the bike in general will really be appreciated!

Passenger Seat & Back Rest Pad: Ive been looking for a passenger seat that isn't too bulky and goes with the flow of the bike. Any HD passenger seat that you could suggest? Are the p- with suction cups any good?

Forward Control Kit: Im about 6 feet tall and the dealership here told me that installing a forward control kit might be a good idea. It is a big expense but if it improves ride quality massively, I dont mind adding it on. But Ive also been told that mid-controls are better for city riding which is what Id be doing a lot of. Has the idea of leaving the mid controls and adding the engine guard with highway pegs.

Engine Guard: The engine guard seems to be the one accessory that everyone here has been telling me to get. I feel an engine guard/crash bar is something that will be useful in the chaotic traffic and cramped parking space in India.

Handle Bar: When I test rode the bike at the dealership, I did find the handle bar not so awesome. Im thinking of a Sportster Drag Bar with risers. Have attached an images below of a handlebar I found online. Does anyone know what bar and risers have been used here? I want to sit upright when Im riding and not have to reach for the bars.

Finally I want my machine to sound as mean as possible without burning a mean hole in my wallet. Are slip-ons the best for this?

Thanks a ton.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0939-1cfc154.jpg (129.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg irontike-15.jpg (47.5 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
very nice mate!
can you send your old bike to New Zealand
promise i will look after it!

Anglo American Motorcycle Club
New Zealand
Over 30 years gone and still going strong
09 Ultra
09 FXDL 103 stage 2
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
dude if you are 6ft, go with forward controls! I'm 6 ft and just am not comfy with mid controls for any rides longer than 20 minutes. Go sit on a bike at the dealer with forward controls and sit on another with mid controls and you will get the feel of both.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Ride to Ride
Originally Posted by kiwiharley View Post
very nice mate!
can you send your old bike to New Zealand
promise i will look after it!
Ha ha! The old bullets going to the grave with me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode