Fat Bob fornt end conversion to nightster thread. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Suspension

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
blk bassani thunder

Fat Bob fornt end conversion to nightster thread.

I thought I might start adding pics and start a thread on my continous Fat Bob front end conversion to my 09 nightster.

Here are the Black Fat drag bars with the black risers and poly bushings. I have on order new black switch controls and the black Fat Bob triple trees. I will post pics once I receive them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruss View Post
you people have ruined my life..............
09 blackthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
"Nervous Tick"

gonna look "GOOD"....excited to see the pics of the finished product !

damn i love a good mod to a bike.....
Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

are they here yet?
Rockerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kustom Bike Builder

Thumbs up Fat Bob to Nightster

Sounds kewl, can't wait to see the finished product
Crocodile56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
blk bassani thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerbox1 View Post
are they here yet?
Just got home from picking up the switch controls and bought the stearing head bearings.

Damn triple trees I thought might be in today but wern't, may be tomorrow. I will post pics when the trees come in. I was at the stealer for 2 hours talking about the brake setup since my 1200N has the single disc and the Fat Bob has the dual. Trying to find out if maybe somehow get the brembo v-rod brakes to work. I'll have to look more into that and still trying to figure out what rim I will be going with. The next buy should be soon here and that will be the 49mm forks together run alone about 700.00 so stashin the cash for that right now. I have the money but waitin to see if I need to pay in for taxes or not.

I'm looking at hand grips again. I currently have the black diamond ones and thought about going with them again but maybe something different any suggestions from any of ya on ones you would give perks to?

There is differences in certain parts between the sporty and Dyna when it comes to the steering neck as well so may have to retro fit when I start the install

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
gonna look "GOOD"....excited to see the pics of the finished product !

damn i love a good mod to a bike.....
It would have been nice if the nightsters would have a springer front end!! the fat bob will look sharp too!!! I just removed my rear tin for a custom paint job that a bud`s going to do for me ,as soon as i get it back i`ll submit pic`s of it!had to take off the rear tin with the rear wheel on because a bud borrowed my lift .It was a pain in the ass to get the rear tin off with the wheel on !! but i got it done!!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 blackthunder View Post
Just got home from picking up the switch controls and bought the stearing head bearings.

Damn triple trees I thought might be in today but wern't, may be tomorrow. I will post pics when the trees come in. I was at the stealer for 2 hours talking about the brake setup since my 1200N has the single disc and the Fat Bob has the dual. Trying to find out if maybe somehow get the brembo v-rod brakes to work. I'll have to look more into that and still trying to figure out what rim I will be going with. The next buy should be soon here and that will be the 49mm forks together run alone about 700.00 so stashin the cash for that right now. I have the money but waitin to see if I need to pay in for taxes or not.

I'm looking at hand grips again. I currently have the black diamond ones and thought about going with them again but maybe something different any suggestions from any of ya on ones you would give perks to?

There is differences in certain parts between the sporty and Dyna when it comes to the steering neck as well so may have to retro fit when I start the install
BaBs has a nice set of new grips for sale in the classifieds section
Rockerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
blk bassani thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerbox1 View Post
BaBs has a nice set of new grips for sale in the classifieds section
I'll take a look. Thanks

Quote:
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
blk bassani thunder

Well after a month I finally received the black Fat Bob triple trees.

Also have had the bars internally wired up with the new switch controls and black diamond hand grips.

Now it's time to start working on what alterations and what parts I will need to use to get the triple trees on then I can order my 49mm forks and brakes and wheels, etc.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Gonna look cool, just cant beat a home built custom.