Tri Glide Demo - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Tri Glide Demo

Did a demo on a Tri Glide today. That was a different experience then the two wheelers. The ride was nice on the smooth areas but definitely feel the bumps on roads that are a little out of wack. On the way back we did the interstate road and at 65-70 mph the wind swirling around the bike made it shake some. Is this normal for trikes because of the extra width not letting the air flow pass around the bike smoothly? I'm shopping for a trike for my wife who has never operated, only rode on the back. She doesn't want a two wheel because of balance, only a three and with the shaking at higher speeds it might scare the bijesus out of her. Other than the wind it was a nice ride and when I can't balance any more I may go Tri Glide myself. Thank for any info on this.
Road Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Check out Trigg Trikes in Cadiz KY. Nice conversion easy on and off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sermon8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Only experience I have had on trike was some couple years ago when fellow bought one in lower end of South Carolina and not having a license asked me to go with him to ride it back home in WV. Well, away we go and sure enough a well equipped Gold Wing Trike ready to go. Interstate I77 all the way and as you mentioned, the partings/cracks in the road surface gave a little thump all the way up the road. Not severe, but after a while become annoying and tiring. Trucks gave some problems with "prop wash, dirty air" as well. The real problems showed up when we got back to WV with all the curves and switchbacks in the hills and mountains. This trike supposedly had the "easy steer" feature but I would have not wanted to try one without that for it was a real effort to make the turns. Have heard it said that trikes require "strong upper body strength..." and for this trike that was definitely true. Not ridden a Harley trike so the above may well not apply
and my local HD dealer seems to sell quite a few of them. Friend of mine does have a Softail converted to trike by independent, but for whatever reason the local HD dealer will not provide any level of service for that bike, not even an oil change. Something to check out in your location.
Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ive had good luck with the insta trike kit by tow pac. Both mom and dad have goldwings with them, a little different then the full conversion but still stable and minimal wind buffeting due to size, plus its alot cheaper then a full conversion and if you ever decide to trade or sale, you cam remove and sale as a 2 wheeler, the trike market is very limited compared to the 2 wheel market so resale would be a bit harder. Just some ideas.
2010hdultra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the info guys. A lot of options when it comes to trikes
Road Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmf

Have a few buddies with trikes. The ones that never road two wheel bikes adjusted just fine. Those that went from 2 to 3 had the hardest time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
mmf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.