Road Zeppelin seat review - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Road Zeppelin seat review

Has anyone tried Harleys road Zeppelin seat? Is it worth the money? I own a 09 Road Glide and rack up a lot of miles and the stock seat just doesn't cut it.

Thanks in advance.
wizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doof

I have one on my '03 and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have done 700-1000 mile days with no problems. It does raise you up a bit so if your legs are short you might have a problem.
Big Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
kickstand grinder

Air zep

I don't know if its worth it... There is a guy on craigslist in MT that has one for 400- he says he is selling because when its air'd up he isn't tall enough in the saddle....
59panhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
kickstand grinder

Hey- if one of you guys buy that zep let me know i need a seat for my ultra (2000)
59panhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired citizen

Couple inches higher than stock plus wider so feels higher ... good for the tall rider . Also changes the line of sight through the windshield and rider position to the handlebars and foot controls .
SCHMIDTYS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had one on my 09 Ultra for about 6 months now. Best seat I've sat on, does raise you up some. I'm 6'-1" tall with a 34 inseam and have no problems. I couldn't go 20 miles with the stock seat without my butt starting to burn, now I can go 200 miles without taking a break. Well worth the money. Best price I found was at Chicago HD.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
SNAFU organizer

Well keep on commentin cause I been lookin at the same thing for years. Just couldnt get up off the money cause I wanted the leather version also. One tech at a dealer said they suck and most people ride with em deflated most of the time WTF???

If I buy one and the ol lady dont like it I am so F##ked
vlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok I broke down and bought a new one from a HD dealer on ebay. Cost me $575 with shipping. I'll put up another post once I get it and try it out.
wizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Had one from 2002 to 2007 and loved it. MD to SD no problem. However I dont know if the new ones are any different for the 09-10 bikes. Good Luck
brwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Road Zeppelin

I bought 1 for my 08 classic it worked real well but for $800.00 you would think it would last more than 2 years mine had a bad stitch and started to tear went to H-D they took pic of it and said they would get back with me that was begining of summer herd nothing
1wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.