Harley Davidson Forums banner

Help momma is not happy

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Tribal9499 
#1 ·
I put the kuryakyn quick adjust tour pak relocator on my 2008 EG and we love it, BUT.... now the wife cant reach the passenger floorboard. any suggestions?
was looking at the hd passenger adjustable floorboards or kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs.
has anyone tried either one of these?
is there any other options on the market?
they both appear pretty pricy:feedback:

#2 ·
I have the Kuryakyn adj pegs for the wife. She doesn't use them much because she is tall. Though, when we went to KC a while back she used them to give herself a new position. They do help with cramping and to get the blood moving in the lowers. Easy install and seem well built.

#4 ·
My Wife is Short I had to replace the adjustable foot pegs and put adjustable floorboards on. She likes the floor boards better her foot don't fall off and she can change her leg position and still feel comfortable while riding . I had to move my tour pac back for her and it change her seat position a little adjustable floor boards are the answer. I found mine on Ebay

#6 ·
See this thread hasn't been touched since 2014 but hoping someone will run into this. I've recently purchased my first Harley. It is a 1999 Electraglide Standard. I too have a height challenged wife who can't quite reach the passenger floorboards. I was able to correct this on the right side by simply moving the bracket up a spot or two (there are three height positions ). However, having true dual exhaust, on the left side you are unable to move the floorboard to its highest position as the exhaust is in the way. I've seen some aftermarket adjustable floorboards that will work but to the tune of $350.00. Is there not a simple spacer that can fit between the actual floorboard and where it mounts to the bracket that will simply raise the board up a couple of inches. I'm about to zip tie a yoga block to the floorboard or buy her some KISS boots if the only solution is spending $350.

#12 ·
See this thread hasn't been touched since 2014 but hoping someone will run into this. I've recently purchased my first Harley. It is a 1999 Electraglide Standard. I too have a height challenged wife who can't quite reach the passenger floorboards. I was able to correct this on the right side by simply moving the bracket up a spot or two (there are three height positions ). However, having true dual exhaust, on the left side you are unable to move the floorboard to its highest position as the exhaust is in the way. I've seen some aftermarket adjustable floorboards that will work but to the tune of $350.00. Is there not a simple spacer that can fit between the actual floorboard and where it mounts to the bracket that will simply raise the board up a couple of inches. I'm about to zip tie a yoga block to the floorboard or buy her some KISS boots if the only solution is spending $350.
Sounds like you would only have to buy one boot...... :devil

#10 ·
Check out the Kuryakyn passenger pegs. Ain't cheap but they fold away when not needed !
Another idea is to get rid of the "true duals", the stock Harley exhaust is better performance wise on that year Harley ... IMO.
You said Standard so I'm assuming the bike has a carb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.