speaker upgrade (2010 FLHX) - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

speaker upgrade (2010 FLHX)

I started to think about upgrading my speakers.

I've not done much research yet, but wanted to hear opinions from those who have replaced the stock speakers w/ aftermarket units.

I was looking at J&M and Hogtunes.

Do they actually make that much of a difference compared w/ the stock ones? I'm hoping to find out if they are worth the money, especially if you can actually listen to the music at highway cruise. I can KIND OF still hear it at 70-75mph, but at any faster speed, it is awefully difficult to actually hear the music w/ the stock speakers...

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
fjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the J&M in my '02 and they are way better than stock!! Sound and volume!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hogtunes

I just installed a set of Hogtunes in my 04 Electra Glide, they are great, best 120.00 bucks i have spent. Only need to run the volume at 1/2 to 3/4 at the most.
rji68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired citizen

What ever speakers you decide on make sure they are specific to your model and year bike . The late model Harley HK system uses 2 ohm speakers .
Old 05-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
J10

I had Hog Tunes, amp and pod, they were OK, but I won't buy them again for the new bike. Looking at J&Ms this time around.
J10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

The J&M 7.25" speaker kit with the grill mounted tweeter/midrange are THE most efficient speakers you can buy for your Harley ,,,, with OR without an amplifier ,,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,
JMJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Instead of bumping up the speakers, I put on a Clearview 8.5" w/recurve. Loud and clear @ 75mph now.
carrotzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

I put the "Boom" Bagger HArley speakers in my 05 Electra Glide CLassic. Says they're for 06 and up but work fine on my 05. Really happy with them I used to run almost full volume with the Satellite radio or MP3 but now only 1/4 - 1/2 volume.[

QUOTE=fjoh;309122]I started to think about upgrading my speakers.

I've not done much research yet, but wanted to hear opinions from those who have replaced the stock speakers w/ aftermarket units.

I was looking at J&M and Hogtunes.

Do they actually make that much of a difference compared w/ the stock ones? I'm hoping to find out if they are worth the money, especially if you can actually listen to the music at highway cruise. I can KIND OF still hear it at 70-75mph, but at any faster speed, it is awefully difficult to actually hear the music w/ the stock speakers...

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
benglehart is offline   Reply With Quote