trickle charger pigtail - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
PDP Drummer

trickle charger pigtail

I have a 2010 ultra classic that my owners manuel says there is a pig tail that came with the bike to plug in a trickle charger?

Can someone please tell me where its located?
I cant find it .
Also will this pigtail fit a battery tender or do I need to purchase a harley trickle charger?

Thanks
aunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

didnt your salesman go over the bike with you ? I think tickle and tenders use the same set up

get to your battery....take a look at the terminals and see if anything is attached !
Panhead1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired citizen

Tie strapped to the harness on the right side just ahead of the side cover . If you have heat deflectors on your bike look behind the deflector .
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
PDP Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead1959 View Post
didnt your salesman go over the bike with you ? I think tickle and tenders use the same set up

get to your battery....take a look at the terminals and see if anything is attached !
Ya,and I have to admit he did a pretty thorough job,my guess is he mentioned it ,,
most of that was my fault ,being my first Harley ,im sure when he was going over everything my adrenalin and was high and my mind was elsewhere.

ill look again
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

On my 09 - its on the right side in front of the side cover. As Schmidtys said it's tied to a wire harness. When you check your oil you will almost touch the connector. It will be a universal connector so just about any charger/tender will plug in.

2009 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide - Vivid Black

Stage I w/SE A/C & SEST
V&H Dresser Duals
Screaming Eagle Mufflers
HD Oil Cooler
Flo Oil Filter/Cooler

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, either way you're right!" - HF
tibadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
PDP Drummer

going to take it to let the service guy look on Monday,I looked again and i believe it may have been forgotten on my bike..
Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Pigtails are very easily added -- an easy half hour job. Just look at the battery and see if one is attached. Some dealers route them out the left side, other dealers route them out the right side, just to the rear of the oil tank. Regardless of where the connection comes out, it will be easily seen if you look at the battery. Battery Tender and the Harley charger use basically the same setup/connection. If you bought a Battery Tender, a pigtail connection is usually part of the package. Not sure about the Harley charger (don't have one) but I have to believe a pigtail comes with it also.
Tucson_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

On mine it was on the left side tucked under the seat. I had to take the seat off to move it where I could plug in the tender.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Army

Do these come with SG's?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Do these come with SG's?
I don't think H-D puts them on bikes from the assembly line. I believe that the dealers install them. It runs the range of some dealers installing on all their bikes and some don't install at all.

But I could be wrong about the large touring bikes.
Tucson_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote