Adding a tour pack to a Street Glide... - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Adding a tour pack to a Street Glide...

I found a 2010 CVO StreetGlide in Spiced Rum that I love!

I was looking for a CVO Ultra Classic in Crimson Black.. but the jacked up prices (44k ) the dealers are demanding is outragous!

If I add a tour pack to the Street Glide, do they come with the rear speakers like the Ultra Tour Pack?... if not, can those rear speakers be added?

Thanks in advance,
Maladjusted
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

All of the pics I've seen, the add on packs did not have the speakers, but there is nothing that cash cannot solve

Spiced rum CVO looks killer...congrats!
Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the response HomeBrew... yea, I agree, the Spiced Rum on the CVO SG looks great.

I gotta make it comfortable for the wifey, hopefully I can get something similiar to an Electra Glide tourpack and passenger backrest system.

Recommendations on pipes? Leaning towards Rinehart true duals and a remap... certainly don't want to go down in torque numbers.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post

I was looking for a CVO Ultra Classic in Crimson Black.. but the jacked up prices (44k ) the dealers are demanding is outragous!

If I add a tour pack to the Street Glide, do they come with the rear speakers like the Ultra Tour Pack?... if not, can those rear speakers be added?

Thanks in advance,
Maladjusted
No, just the kingtour pack does not come with speakers unless you buy them from the dealer that way. There are cheaper ways to get the rear speaker pods, like ebay for used ones or an aftermarket types like hogtunes but you will need to add an amp as well for the additional two channels.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I added the king tourpack to my 2008 SG. I had to purchase the tourpack, mounting system, back rest pad, speakers. wiring harness for speakers to radio and then had to have the radio programmed for the rear speakers in order to have everything functional as factory.
mopar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
PRO BIKE FLIPPER

Just To Let You Know We Have One Of The Crimson Black Cvo's And I Dont Think It Has Sold Yet

04 FLHP- PROJECT GOT WOOD... COMING SPRING.

"You never see a herse with a luggage rack..."
serviceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

I added a Tour Pack to My 09 Road Glide, I found one on Ebay New Take Off from a Ultra with Rear Speakers and Luggae Rack on top, Matches the Bike Perfect, Look around there are some out there!
Herd #00009

Last edited by nolafishr; 06-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.
nolafishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Northern Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post

Thanks in advance,
Maladjusted
Yes they can...if you have a Tourpak without speakers, they mount with 3 bolts per side...I did it to my King Tourpak.....you will have to set up your wiring, might be a plugin wire loom from Harley, (Ibuilt my own)....The downside is the cost of the speakers from the MoCo....I believe it is $459 for the set of two.....I bought a set of housings from the local bike shop in not so pretty condition without speakers for $10 ....then I had a friend of mine upholster them with the same material they use on car roofs..(very durable and stands up to the sun well)..that cost me $20 for the pair....Then I bought a set of real good 5 1/4" speakers from a stereo shop for $80/pair....put it all together..and they ROCK !!! Total cost...$110

You can Sleep when ur Dead...

Baggers RULE !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrb4YGkSOU

HERD Member # 000015
Blackdog 15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
PRO BIKE FLIPPER

Mal Check Your Pms

04 FLHP- PROJECT GOT WOOD... COMING SPRING.

"You never see a herse with a luggage rack..."
serviceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.