Harley Hammock - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Harley Hammock

Is anyone presently riding the new "Harley Hammock" seat? On paper it sounds impressive. I need to do something about my butt killer (08 EG Ultra) but $500 is a lot to pay if it's not as comfy as described. Thanks for any info on the subject.
fingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
100k Harley,100kBMW

Cool Extra Comfort

Sorry, can't help ya, but, I do run an Alaska sheep skin on my seat for that extra inch of cushion.
Biker1boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
2009 Road King

Re Hammock

I actually put the Hammock on my 09 RK. I love it! did a 430 mile day on it a few weeks ago. It does put you up higher though and it is a bit wider up front. This will spread your legs a little further apart so if your inseam is not long enough you may have a problem!

But the seat does what it says it will.

hope this helps. Good Luck.

09 Road King Classic
01 BMW K1200 LT
93 Honda CBR
quahog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Road Junkie

I put a Hammock on my Ultra Classic at time of purchase and really enjoyed the ride. However, the Better Half didn't like the fact that the passenger seat leans forward - she kept sliding into me. Returned the Hammock soon thereafter. Also tried the new "Low" touring seat (P/N: 52164-10) and found the rider pocket a little too confining for the boys.

Still searching for that perfect cush for the tush..but feeling a little like Goldilocks.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Several people in our HOG club have the hammock on their street glides, and swear by it... A couple of them are big men, and love the seat for comfort, especially long rides..
GOSHOXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
U.S. Marine

Try the new Tallboy for 09 and 10s. I have it on my FLHTC and it's great. Gives you 2 inches back, little narrower and lower profile.
My classic came from the factory with the Low seat and I hated it. Felt like I was sitting on the gas tank.

2010 FLHTC, 103" Twin Cam, Stock Heads, SE-259E cams, SE 10.5:1 forged pistions, SE Race Tuner, Zipper's Maxflow air intake, D&D 2:1 Fat Cat
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle View Post
Try the new Tallboy for 09 and 10s. I have it on my FLHTC and it's great. Gives you 2 inches back, little narrower and lower profile.
My classic came from the factory with the Low seat and I hated it. Felt like I was sitting on the gas tank.
I have the TallBoy also and like it... definitely gets you away from the tank and dash/windshield...
bradsULtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle View Post
Will the Tallboy fit an 04 Ultra? Gotta say I love the bike, but the seat not so much. Sits way to close to the tank for my liking.
mdouglas8281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
On the fence

I have an 09 UC and also had the hammock seat and returned it. There is a support strap thru the middle of that seat and feels like you are getting a wedgie up you butt. And for $500 I got my money back and bought the air adjustable road zeplin from HD which was only a few more dollars and never looked back. But be careful opinions are just that.

Last edited by ontheball2; 09-19-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: missed some info
ontheball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Semper Fi

Another option: I'm riding an 08 Ultra and had a gel insert installed from Motorcycle Seat Pads - Motorcycle Horns, Flag Mounts & Accessories by Pro Pad ($129.00) I can run 600 to 700 miles a day with little of the numb-butt afterward!