Road Glide Pics... - Page 8 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #71 (permalink)

Garage
Hey blackbagger, what kind of rims are those? They look great! Not too overpowering, but fit the rest of the bike well.

--- 2005 Road Glide ---
flatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #72 (permalink)

They're HD Blade 18" rims, front and rear, and are also available in chrome. The Dunlop tires are the same style as stock, but are low profile and are rated at slight less weight capacity at max psi (41). The wheel weights are stick on....in black!

D408 (front) (63H) 130/70B/18
D407 (rear) (80H) 180/55B/18
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbagger View Post
The W/S is approximately 12" tall & I'm 5'10". I'm not getting any buffeting cause at the top of the shield its curved....but I do get good air flow or wind in the face....and those damn june bugs (ouch)! Once the speed is up around 75 its still air....I'm in the pocket. I like looking over the windscreen, not through it. HD has a taller W/S but its not dark smoked like the shorter one. I think you'll need the taller W/S at 15" (light smoked).

Update this afternoon: I do not notice buffeting with a half helmet but notice it with a full face helmet!
Thanks for the info! I think I may be better off with a Klockwerks instead of HD. I just need to try them both out I reckon..and I would definitely want the Dark Smoke as opposed to the light Smoke.

Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
ther·a·peu·tic

Deals Gap

Autumn in NC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FallGlide.jpg (76.6 KB, 92 views)
RoadSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #75 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSofa View Post
Autumn in NC
Nice!
1999 FLHR Road King "Scratchy" Vivid Black R.I.P. killed 07.19.2011 by a stupid and blind cage driving kid
1992 XL Sportster 1200 1st Harley and a pain in the neck
harleywern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #76 (permalink)
Just Riding Around!

Garage
RoadSofa, that is a fantastic pic! I love it! I hope you have that as the background pic on your computer and have it framed and hanging in your house.

I hope I can get my schedule synced up with my friend who is a very talented amateur photographer and do something similar. I'd love to have a pic of me and my bike in action on a scenic roadway.

I am jealous. You still get to ride while my bike is covered and hooked to a charger. And, the more I see beautiful Road Glides, like yours, the more I want to trade my EG in.

Again, very nice! Thanks for posting the pic!

American Legion
Veteran of Foreign Wars
Legion Riders

"A democracy is two wolves deciding on lunch, freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of that decision." - Ben Franklin
bkmaxvrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #77 (permalink)
ther·a·peu·tic

Thanks Ya'll

Photo by Killboy.com at Deals Gap NC. If you get the chance take a few days and ride the mountain roads out there.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #78 (permalink)

Just traded in my 05 night train for a 2013 Big Blue Pearl RG this week. Have to wait till they can get the bike in from another dealership. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it. Love the pics here.
Nighttrain2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
ther·a·peu·tic

Big Twin

More shots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RoadGlide.jpg (1.28 MB, 72 views)
Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #80 (permalink)

Beautiful looking Glide! Nicely done.
WpgGlider is offline   Reply With Quote