Rider Backrest Mount - 2011 RGC - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

ok i am getting a bracket from a member .
thanks ken .

i hope the instal goes easy when i get it .
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Been There Done That

I'm 6'-2" and I had a cheapie on one of my other bikes. I forced me to sit to far up and I got rid of it. Are any of you guys 6-2 or taller and use a backrest?? Does it force you forward to far? I'd loveone with enough adjustment to let mesit "normally" but don't want to pay for a 200.00 experiment that might not turn out well. Am I just being a whining little girl about this or are there other cheapskates like me??
Long Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

the one i got you ajust it buy the various holes on bracket . they sell one that ajusts the fly ajustable with a cble .. check ebay lots of take offs for both typs .

going to work on getting mine mounted today ..
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

I installed on my '04 RKC and it has made a huge difference. With my hobbit legs had to adjust full forward, but now I don't feel like I am slipping away from the controls. Also have the reach seat and shortened reach bars...may have to get even tiny apes to make it better still. I love the fact that I can adjust the crap outa this ole girl. Didn't buy aftermarket yet Harley seems to have good stuff at reasonable prices. YMMMV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0069.JPG (1.04 MB, 91 views)
alii1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

As i mentioned eatlyer in this thread i bought a neer new backrest on ebay but i needed the mounting bracket ,Another member here was kind enough to send me the mounting bracket for shipping cost THANKS KEN .
Today I installed my new Rider Backrest on my 2008 FLHRC . Then took it for a 80 mile test ride. I was going to install it last week but the mounting stud plate the backrest braket bolts to was missing from my bike the previous owner musta removed it. heck ! dealers are all 100 miles away .
This Saterday i was able to get to HD & buy the missing studplate and plastic retaining washers , a cpl ss lock washers ect .
To get the mounting studplate fished up under the fender without removing the rear wheel i had to jack the bike up a bit fill the air shocks to max and let all of the air out of the rear tire .
There was only about an 1/8 inch clearance and with the plastic tubing over the threaded studs they were tight against the tire and fender ...i just pulled the tubing threw the mounting holes in the fender and rotated the tire slowly till they were in place then grabbed one with needle nose locking plyers till i could get the plastic retaining washers in place.
Then i just bolted the mounting bracket on easy .

I am still getting it ajusted just right . It is great
Wa a goodtest ride today 70f sunny.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

Great bike for riding I have ride near 600 km on it. but mounting holes are very difficult to adjust them
jummy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Rider View Post
I'm 6'-2" and I had a cheapie on one of my other bikes. I forced me to sit to far up and I got rid of it. Are any of you guys 6-2 or taller and use a backrest?? Does it force you forward to far? I'd loveone with enough adjustment to let mesit "normally" but don't want to pay for a 200.00 experiment that might not turn out well. Am I just being a whining little girl about this or are there other cheapskates like me??
I'm 6'4" and having the back rest is a must for me. Works well in the fartherst position back. Here is a thread for us tall guys.
Tall boys, what are you doing to strectch your legs?

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

The guy who owned the bike b4 me is 6'5" the back rest is waaaaaay to far bak for me at 6'.

Gotta move it way forward. the tilt adjust, in the back rest, is also very adjustable.

Life: VFW, NRA, NYSRPA(NYS Rifle Pistol Association)
2 favorite signs
CAUTION we do not dial 911 first.
DANGER if you are reading this U R in range.

05 FLSTC, 08 FLHTCUSE3
harvey13118 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Running adjust cables and brackets, I put down a couple layers of duct tape on the fender to protect from scratches and wear on the paint.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #30 (permalink)

ok, here's a dumb question.....when take off the nuts to adjust the position, how do the bolts stay in? looks like it would be a bear if they fell out.

cass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.