H-D Boom Box update 2.20.3 on website - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

H-D Boom Box update 2.20.3 on website

I check the Harley-Davidson website every morning to see if they have any updates for the Boom Box and today they posted a new version.

Version 1.20.3 is now available. I haven't checked this out yet so I don't know of any bugs in the new update. Install at your own risk!

Jimmers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Road Junkie

Just to recap, here are the change logs for both v1.20.2 and v1.20.3 (which primarily fixed the bug problems in v1.20.2), all of which should be included in this latest release. I know of a few folks who were asked to beta test the release and they generally reported good results. That said, we've not seen a clean upgrade release in a while (if ever), so be on the lookout for some undocumented "features".

Boom! Box 6.5GT
Date Released: 10/17/2016
Version: 1.20.2
Change Log:
Improvements
Support for quarterly dealer database updates and database version screen.
Switch to call screen when call initiated from phone.
Headset sidetones added for CB.
Prompt user to transfer active call to device at key off.
Default zoom level set for Maneuvers.

Added Features
Siri functionality has been added. Hold Voice Recognition button for 5 seconds to activate.
Added media browsing over Bluetooth for iPhone.
New feature to allow searching for another address while still having an active route.

Fixes
Allow Nav and Dealer USB update prior to Navigation Loading.
Post Code entry for HDI and ROW radios has been re-enabled.
Media pause after fast forward.
Activation code issue when USB drive is removed and reinserted.
Navigation data fields no longer overlap next turn during recalculation.
Japan radio shows Setup button twice.
Weather map zoom level persistence.
Passenger Intercom volume shows “off” when driver adjusts.
Prevent import of Nav destinations with incomplete data.
Media remains paused after multiple rapid prompts.
Roadway icons overlap in traffic list.
Improved indexing time for USB devices with large numbers of media files.
Bluetooth connection persistence.
Performance and stability enhancements.

Boom! Box 6.5GT CVO
Date Released: 01/17/2017
Version: 1.20.3
Change Log:
Fixes
• Radio stuck in OFF mode on start up in certain instances.
• Radio goes to OFF mode when is USB removed during start
up in certain instances.
• Various fixes for blank or frozen screen issues during
operation in certain instances.
• Various bug fixes.
Trashman and Jimmers like this.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:49 PM

Garage
Kind of off this particular topic, but it seems you guys have some knowledge of the situation.

Can one of you tell me why my system will jump from playing my xm radio station to music from my phone. Doesn't do it all the time, but once it starts, you may as well turn it all off. I will be listening to xm and it goes off and plays the music that is in my itunes on my phone. seems like it does it most of the time if i have my iphone plugged into the sync cable in the little glove box (CVO RGU). Haven't thought to bring it up to my dealer yet (why does it always screw up "after" you have been there instead of the ride to there???)

Mike Hutchings Broken Bow, Ok.
2016 CVO RGU
FM Stage 1 CVO Heads
Woods 777 Cams
FM Jackpot 2-1 Exhaust
Dynojet Power Vision Tuner

2012 Street Glide - Traded
2012 Fatboy Lo - Traded in

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Road Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle50 View Post
Kind of off this particular topic, but it seems you guys have some knowledge of the situation.

Can one of you tell me why my system will jump from playing my xm radio station to music from my phone. Doesn't do it all the time, but once it starts, you may as well turn it all off. I will be listening to xm and it goes off and plays the music that is in my itunes on my phone. seems like it does it most of the time if i have my iphone plugged into the sync cable in the little glove box (CVO RGU). Haven't thought to bring it up to my dealer yet (why does it always screw up "after" you have been there instead of the ride to there???)
I really don't have a good answer for you. Perhaps an undocumented feature? What version of the Infotainment software are you running today?

I too have a CVO RGU (2015) and always ride with the sync cable attached. The only time I've experienced something like what you describe is just after start-up where it initially starts with XM (or whatever radio I was listening to prior to shutting down) and when the system finally recognizes the media (in my case, iPhone/iTunes), then it flips to the media, as if that is the system default. I don't recall a default audio setting in any of the Setup commands, but that would be the first thing I would recommend checking. I will be loading v1.20.3 this evening and plan on spending some quality time undergoing wind therapy on Friday. Between the two, I'll see if I can find any settings that may be causing your problem.

As for when problems happen, most can show themselves immediately before we pull into the dealer parking lot and they won't re-create for the Service Writer or Tech! That's why we wrench and/or diagnose ourselves!
silvereagle50 likes this.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Quote:

Don't have a definite answer to your problem. The Boom Box does some weird things though. I did read that low voltage will cause a lot of problems by the battery being low.

I would make sure you have a good battery and then load the new update. Ver. 1.20.3 is supposed to have a lot of bug fixes in it. Good luck! I know these problems can be frustrating!!!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Road Junkie

The Dealer Location Update file is new as well, so I wanted to offer one additional point regarding loading, as it is slightly different than v1.20.2:

- Download from H-D site
- Unzip the zip file: Harley_POI_Maps
- Open the folder: Harley_POI_Maps
- Copy BOTH the nng folder and swdl disc image file to your USB drive (in v1.20.2 we used the navisync folder)
- Load into your Infortainment system the same as the system update

Hint: If your Infotainment screen gets stuck on "Authenticating", something has gone awry. Grab an(other) beer and start over. Good luck!
Jimmers likes this.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Road Junkie

Quote:

I'm coming up with nothin' from a setup or system default perspective. As my daughter says, "these are first world problems." Like Jimmers, I recommend you load v1.20.3 and see if that fixes your problem...it seems to be working as designed!
mirider and Jimmers like this.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 11:37 AM

Just updated my software this morning . . . my Ultra got all excited when I pulled the cover off and hooked up the Flash Drive, only to find out there is still snow on the ground and we weren't going for a ride anytime soon. Maybe next month
ARIZONA MISFIT likes this.

2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
-10" Wind Splitter Windshield
-Tour-Pak Passenger Armrests
-Harley-Davidson Rider Backrest

2016 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight (Wife's Motorcycle)
-15" Quick Release Windshield
-Single-Sided Swingarm Bag
-Tribal Footpegs, Grips, Mirrors
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm...Just updated my Boom Box this morning with the 1.20.3 update. All went well.

Then I went to install the Dealer Update and I loaded the iso file on the root of my clean usb stick. Turned on accessory, waited until I got a good Nav map and put usb stick in.

Now it just has "Authenticating" spinning and no progress. I let it spin for 15 minutes, but no luck, still spinning. I'm including pics...

Anyone ever see this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Download.png
Views:	152
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	556562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open download.png
Views:	159
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	556570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Authenticating.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	556578  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Road Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Hmmm...Just updated my Boom Box this morning with the 1.20.3 update. All went well.

Then I went to install the Dealer Update and I loaded the iso file on the root of my clean usb stick. Turned on accessory, waited until I got a good Nav map and put usb stick in.

Now it just has "Authenticating" spinning and no progress. I let it spin for 15 minutes, but no luck, still spinning. I'm including pics...

Anyone ever see this problem?
Jimmers, the two items in pic #2 are what should be copied to the root directory of your clean USB drive. There will be sub-folders in the nng folder that will copy when you copy/move that folder into the USB drive.

P.S. If you think THIS is fun, wait till you start updating your map files!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode