Head Pipe Swap - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Head Pipe Swap

I'm looking to change my head pipe on my '11 Ultra Limited. I'm certainly on a budget so I originally considered going with the Fuel Moto Jackpot replacement 2-1-2 headpipe but I'd really like to go with a true dual set up. I'd like some opinions.....fire away!

And add pics or point me to some if you have them to share!!

Thanks
TX_Bagger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have rush true duals on a 2011 103 with Vance and Hines monster ovals. I also installed a 254e cam and SE air filter. Docs above Orlando dyno tuned the combo. This was designed for 2000 - 4500 rpm . Sounds great, no heat problems at all gets 40- 45 MPG . Quite around town ...makes music when you jump on it. Cannt say enough about Docs performance tuning he made that motor sing. Great human .....fun....good time
Garrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Denniskirk.com has good prices and honest reviews
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage
had my headpipe decatted and it made a huge difference in heat reduction. has a deeper sound and the bike pulls better.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdv1 View Post
had my headpipe decatted and it made a huge difference in heat reduction. has a deeper sound and the bike pulls better.
I have a 2011 SG with the same set up as you. How do you de-cat the head pipe?
Budweiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

See if you can find some dyno charts on your bike with a true duals set up. Jackpot has one available on their site with the 2-1-2 in their head pipe (will get rid of cat). I am reasonably, sure from research I have done, that true duals will give you more hp and torque, but only at the higher range (very high) of rpms. The 2-1-2 will give you more torque and hp in the normal rpm range of operation of 95% of riders. True duals if you are going to be on the track with it, 2-1-2 if you are a street and hwy rider. Have a friend with true duals (2007 Ultra), I have 2-1-2 Jackpot (2010 Ultra). Both are stage 1. I get better mileage and until we get above 4500-5000 rpms, I am ahead in a race. My mid range is more powerful than his. This was pleasing to me, as it was true to my research of dyno charts. Better balanced back pressure with 2-1-2 in all ranges.
Tweedy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdv1 View Post
Info on how the head pipe de-catted....??
SCARAMOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARAMOOCH View Post
Info on how the head pipe de-catted....??
Here, take a look: Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics. - Harley Davidson Forums

Sorry for the link to another forum... Just an easy find...

2013 Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec shadow graphics
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S (to buy Sep 2015)
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Here, take a look: Today's project, gutted a 2011 2-1-2 pipe, with pics. - Harley Davidson Forums

Sorry for the link to another forum... Just an easy find...
+1 - this is an excellent link!!
kerrycorcoran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
had a local shop do mine for $100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.