Trunk relocator - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Trunk relocator

Anyone have any suggestions on the best trunk relocator for an '04 ultra classic? Have read alot of good things on Geo. Anderson's product....Seems reasonably priced....Any comments or ideas greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Kuryakin offers a relocator that is fully adjustable from 1" closer to a full 3" back with no tools required to move...install very easy...even some more chrome bling on the sides and back and to put icing on the cake....120.00...have one and love it...two up is a dream and mounting and dismounting a lot thing though...when fully back there is quite a gap from the edge of the stock seat...found one of those suction cup passenger seats that they use on rear fenders...well it fit in there just perfect and tight enough that no worries about losing it while riding one up....oh and yeah bike looks great with the extended back end !!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Road Junkie
Not sure what's driving your need for the relocation kit, but suggest you take that into consideration.

I needed to push the tourpak back and up slightly to accommodate a larger seat (currently have the Road Zepplin). George Anderson's product was a perfect solution. It is extremely well designed and built, and was only a one-beer install project.

I have seen positive posts on the Kuryakin product, but opted away from Kuryakin because I didn't want to create the gap problem mentioned in Scaramooch's post and didn't want to shift the weight any further back over the rear wheel than necessary.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Poser Member # 99
I did a trunk move on my 85 electra last weekend. I redrilled the mounting holes. 1"1/4 forward on both sets of holes and remounted tour pak on the rack.This moved the tour pack back an 1 1/4 I added 1 1/4 fender washers on the front set of bolts I'm removing the old style bar mounted back rest and putting a ultra's back rest on the tour pack lid this week when it show's up . This is to the wife more room.about 3 to 4" and it removed the lower grab rails that hurt the back of her legs I pluged the old mounting holes with solor seal it's a butyl rubber. It's easier then both of us losing a few pounds. LOL

good luck with your project going to post if i can get the pic's to load when I'm done with the mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode