Must have mods - Road Glide Custom CVO - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

Smile Must have mods - Road Glide Custom CVO

Well you asked for it!

Since I traded the 2011 Road Glide Custom in Sedona Orange for a 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics, wanted to create a thread for mods and recommendations.

As soon as I get the bike (today or tomorrow I hope!) I will start posting photos and the mods moved over from the '11 bike and any future mods. Here are the details:

2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics

1. MSRP - The only discount I got was on the parts... the did not want to come down from MSRP (technically, they did but only by 380.00 to cover the difference on the discount I asked on the parts (they were giving me 20% and I asked for 50% discount on the parts).
2. 4.9% Financing for 48 months
3. Color-Matched Chopped Tour-Pak Luggage. Includes matching CVO™ Graphics, Premium Hinges and Retractable Tether. P/N 53000055DGC
4. Deluxe Chopped Tour-Pak Liner P/N 91783-96
5. Chopped Tour-Pak Backrest Pad – very difficult to find the right one, and as of this update I still think I am going to get the wrong pattern...will report back when it gets here
6. Lock and Keys P/N 53194-07 (keyed-to-match)
7. Color-Matched Saddlebag Spoilers with LEDs. - loved the looks on my previous bike, had to have them again.
8. Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover with Eagle Logo – 98715-85VC – turns out (I did not know) that the CVO comes with one. So I might have this available for sale later if I can't get them to exchange it for another part like the tour*pak spoiler...
9. Service Manual '12 Touring Models – P/N 99483-12
10. Service Manual Supplement '12 FLTRXSE Models– P/N 99525-12
11. Electrical Diagnostic Manual – P/N 99497-12
12. Men's Washed Skull Baseball Cap – 99480-10VM – why not!?

Keep in mind that I have all the parts that I will move over from my current ride. My current bike is ready to be taken to the dealer. I already removed all this:

GPS with the IronAccess mount
Mid-Frame Air Deflector 58002-09
Windshield Trim 58519-07A (not sure about this one... will see)
Deluxe Saddlebag Liners 91885-97A (bike comes with a set, these look like they already have a new owner from the forum here, lol )
Willie G. Skull Collection License Plate Mounting Hardware 94546-05
Jiffy Stand Extension 50233-00
Touring Suspension Air Pump 54630-03A
4-point Docking HW Kit Passenger BK Rest - 54205-09
Rear Docking HW Cover Kit - 48035-09
Detachable Two-Up Tour-Pak Mounting Rack - 53276-09A
Comfort Profile Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit - 49179-09

And arriving any minute now:
Jackpot Ceramic Coated Headpipes

New bike (photos found on the web)

My previous bike as it sits now in the dealer...

2013 Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec shadow graphics
2015 Ducati Panigale 899 (to buy Feb 2015)
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

There is something that I need to share, hats off to Jamie at Fuel Moto!!!

Not two weeks ago I had purchased the Stage 1 air and Dynojet PowerVision for the 103... I explained the changed I had made on the bikes and Jamie made it so I could use the PV with the new bike and emailed me their 110 file. At no additional charge!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec shadow graphics
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Fuel Moto is awesome!! They've taken good care of me too.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sweet looking bike!!!

The headpipes are easy to install. In the instructions is says to remove the ledt side muffler. I fould that it wasn't necessary.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryinDC View Post
Sweet looking bike!!!

The headpipes are easy to install. In the instructions is says to remove the ledt side muffler. I fould that it wasn't necessary.
That is good to know, when the time comes, I will reach out to you if I run into problems/questions.

Did you get new gaskets or used the old ones?

Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

I used the old ones. No problems at all. Hit me up if you need to. But it's really simple.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Your new ride is awesome. One suggestion though (take it or leave it), before you go adding the chrome 4 pt on the back and hide those sweet blue covers, take a look at the Fat Baggers relocation kit. I just took off my black 4 pt and added their kit. So much cleaner, IMHO. And no affiliation to FBI. Just a really neat and clean product. Uses the rear shocks and relocates the rear point so nothing shows. Otherwise, looking forward to your new mods!
LOROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just a thought regarding Windshield Trim 58519-07A (not sure about this one... will see)....

Since your fork covers are vivid black, maybe painting the windshield trim vivid black??

I'm doing all my trim in black chrome. That would look good too.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOROAD View Post
Your new ride is awesome. One suggestion though (take it or leave it), before you go adding the chrome 4 pt on the back and hide those sweet blue covers, take a look at the Fat Baggers relocation kit. I just took off my black 4 pt and added their kit. So much cleaner, IMHO. And no affiliation to FBI. Just a really neat and clean product. Uses the rear shocks and relocates the rear point so nothing shows. Otherwise, looking forward to your new mods!

Is that the same part that they reported failures on the bracket?? Something about the bracket breaking due to acting as a lever and the weight of the tour*pak breaking it... I need to search and validate.

anyway, I know, I too would like to not have to hide all that blue... ...it is just that I already have the four point.... arggghhhh... need to see what I do...

Thank you for the suggestion

Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dr. Pending Projects

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryinDC View Post
Just a thought regarding Windshield Trim 58519-07A (not sure about this one... will see)....

Since your fork covers are vivid black, maybe painting the windshield trim vivid black??

I'm doing all my trim in black chrome. That would look good too.
That is an option, once the bike is here (why is it that we can track, by the hour, where an envelop is but we can't track a $#^%$ motorcycle ), I will install it and take photos... bike has about the same amount of black as chrome... but on that front fairing I think IF I install it, it will have to be painted black... I don't think chrome is going to go well...