17K views 63 replies 25 participants last post by  solisjohnm 
#1 ·
V&H True Duals
V&H Monster Rounds
Master Tuner
Dynoed
Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
Engine Lights

Runs great. 47+ mpg at 75mph. Running it hard is 43mph. Keeping it lean on the bottom while shifting.

Long deep grumble with enough pickup to get out of a nasty situation in Houston traffic. Enough control to giv'em the bird when they get in my way.

Question? What is the magic for putting a 2-4 meg .jpeg image on this forum? I get an error.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
#3 ·
Very very nice!

To answer your question about the pic. The best thing to do is to upload it to Photobucket and then copy and past the "Image Code" into the thread or reply you are writing. Just remember, if you ever delete the image off of Photobucket, it will also delete it off of the forum.

Hope this helps!

-Rohan

#8 ·
Sounds like fun.
My list of duties/invitations this weekend seems to be getting longer every moment. I have no idea why people want to things other than ride. Daughter marching for half time, I play in a band with setup and performance Saturday afternoon/evening, baby shower (yikes), yard work, keep my nephew out of the medicine chest.
Here is what I want to do:
Wake up early
make love to my amazing wife
Sit on the porch with my babe and have a coffee and cigar
Organize my tools and make use of a few on one vehicle or another.
Spit shine the bike
Eat a great lunch (made by my adoring babe)
Watch a little college football
Ride to Lake Somerville for the Texas Rally
Participate in some lewd conduct (at least view it)
Hang with ma buds
Take a late ride home with the stars and hope my is awake enough to another round.
Sounds allot better than what everyone else is planning for me.
ha-ha

#20 ·
I think I am going to throw my camera away. It is too automatic and will not control for night pics. Come try. Having trouble with the engine lights and night time focusing. I must have took 50 pics to get this close.

50 in Friday with the wife and only 20 on Saturday.

#21 ·
V&H True Duals
V&H Monster Rounds
Master Tuner
Dynoed
Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
Engine Lights

Runs great. 47+ mpg at 75mph. Running it hard is 43mph. Keeping it lean on the bottom while shifting.

Long deep grumble with enough pickup to get out of a nasty situation in Houston traffic. Enough control to giv'em the bird when they get in my way.

Question? What is the magic for putting a 2-4 meg .jpeg image on this forum? I get an error.

View attachment 24040
Hi,
I just purchased a 2012 Street Glide in Vivid Black , just like yours. At 600 I checked the mpg and was only getting around 33mpg . The bike goes in for a 1000 mile service tomorrow . Did your MPGs go up after the break in period or after you modified the bike?

Steve

#25 ·
My mileage went from about 35 to the mid/high 40s when I upgraded. I also did an oil change at the same time as well.

U Fester is correct. It depends on how you ride and how much fuel you let the bike have. We have ridden together and he ain't kiddin' about taking off. I think I can still take him if pressed.

I have noticed a jump in mileage since I changed the oil on Saturday as well. Not sure what I will get, but there may be a correlation. Been running a little hard to dirty up the oil a bit.:laugh

#23 ·
MPG's

I usually get 35mpg, but its is all about the way each of us ride that dictates the mileage. I am usually quick off the line, I like to hear my exhaust, which means giving it full throttle thru the gears.
So last Saturday, I tested my riding ability and drove the bike like Miss Daisy, I got 47mpg on that tank.

So you can get high mileage depending on how you drive, where you ride, and if you can get into 6th and stay there for a period of time.
I prefer to have fun when riding which means I wont get as good mileage as the rest of you.

#26 ·
2011 RGC, 7800 miles just under 90 days of riding. The bike when new was in the 30's(mpg) regular mixed driving and now I'm in the 40's and on trips I am in the mid fifties miles per gallon, while my first road trip it was 44-45 mpg. I would say that I have seen nearly 10 mpg improvement over the first 7K miles. There were mods along the way which changed the engine's performance as well.

#28 ·
Just under 4300mi and the bike seems to be averaging about 45, but I still push it a bit and do quite a bit of city driving. I still believe that proper fuel/air and engine management can increase performance and economy at the same time. Just get rid of the stock headers. I know there has to be someone who keeps them stock. I tested a new 2012 this past week. So much potential in the 103, but all restricted.

#30 ·
DSC00561
tried to upload from my laptop - no joy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.