Sidecar, Seems way to hard..... - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rides ALOT really!!

Sidecar, Seems way to hard.....

I ave been looking for a sidecar for my 2011 FLTRU since last January. It seems like I am looking for something that just is not out there. I have a few little things I need it to be:
Big enough for my son and my GSD, something that I can take off when I ride solo.......
Am I just asking for too much? I have contacted a company in Texas and they never got back to me. Craigslist is no help at all.....

Or do I need to get a old bike with the sidecar Already attached... haven't found many of them neither

You guys got any input, anything would help at this point.....
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

You may want to look at the SECO sidecar (spaldingside.com), it is made in Lubbock, Texas.
I have one on my 2007 Ultra and love it.

Sent from my Xoom using Motorcycle App
GCH05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow, last time I drove a side car rig was 40 years ago.

I seem to recall that bikes were "set up" for this task; don't know if that still is true. You may want to look into it.

The hassel of putting it on and off may have you looking at an older bike with one attached; it probably is not going to get a whole lot of use and you can have your bike ready to go when you are.

Good luck!
redcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pork Jockey

I've seen MANY on eBay. Damn things are expensive. There's one company - forget the name of 'em - that makes some freakin' killer sidecars. They're sort of art deco looking. Will check and see if I can't find the brand.

There's one listed right now. When you go to eBay, search "2003 Harley-Davidson Ultra Sidecar." Or, the item number is 150726344067

Looks nice. It's currently at $3150, but the reserve hasn't been met. 4d 19h left on the auction clock.

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rides ALOT really!!

Thanks guys. Just spend about an hour talking to the gent from Tx,. And I think hat is the way to go.......I know my GSD will love it..... now where did I put that spare$8500.....

sent from my A500 Tab
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
Thanks guys. Just spend about an hour talking to the gent from Tx,. And I think hat is the way to go.......I know my GSD will love it..... now where did I put that spare$8500.....

sent from my A500 Tab
What did you decide? I would be interested in any input. I too have GSD that likes to go with me and the pet palace thing will just not do. My boy has been in a sidecar but we where not moving. I was even thinking about just getting a second bike maybe one of those Russian ones with a sidecar? I think I can get one of those for the price you quoted on the sidecar.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. MojoRisen

Just saw this thread. I have a friend here that has an early 2000's (01-05) police side car he is looking to get ride of. He is asking around 3K I think.

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~~James D. Miles

2009 - Road Glide

US NAVY - CPO Retired
P3fltEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3fltEng View Post
Just saw this thread. I have a friend here that has an early 2000's (01-05) police side car he is looking to get ride of. He is asking around 3K I think.
I really need to research so forgive my lack of knowledge. Can they go on any bike? Are the cars made to go to a specific bike? Do you need to change/ upgrade breaking?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
I ave been looking for a sidecar for my 2011 FLTRU since last January. It seems like I am looking for something that just is not out there. I have a few little things I need it to be:
Big enough for my son and my GSD, something that I can take off when I ride solo.......
Am I just asking for too much? I have contacted a company in Texas and they never got back to me. Craigslist is no help at all.....

Or do I need to get a old bike with the sidecar Already attached... haven't found many of them neither

You guys got any input, anything would help at this point.....
If you want info about sidecars contact my good buddy - Lou Vanderveen - President of the Southern Califonia Sidcar Club - a wealth of information and experience. Tell him Mike York suggest you call -

SoCal Sidecar Club

Regards -

'When if's and but's are candy and nuts, oh what a world it will be"

THE MAIN THING... IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING.
MikeYork5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mr. MojoRisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombdog View Post
I really need to research so forgive my lack of knowledge. Can they go on any bike? Are the cars made to go to a specific bike? Do you need to change/ upgrade breaking?

I am not sure about what years fit each other, but as for braking I was told no need to upgrade anything.
I just called my friend and he sold the police side car a few months ago.

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~~James D. Miles

2009 - Road Glide

US NAVY - CPO Retired
P3fltEng is offline   Reply With Quote