harley lowers - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
WHAT RED LIGHT!??

harley lowers

will the harley-davidson vented lower fairings fit on the street glide?
ahhh its a 2011 if that matters. the dealer wants $650 for them but LSHD has the for about $120 less. & no thanks i dont want aftermarket.

thanks Dave
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bikeless....for now!

Cheaper alternative and their removable when it warms up----> Bar & Shield Logo Soft Lowers | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILLLS View Post
will the harley-davidson vented lower fairings fit on the street glide?
ahhh its a 2011 if that matters. the dealer wants $650 for them but LSHD has the for about $120 less. & no thanks i dont want aftermarket.

thanks Dave

Who has them for $120 less?
thanks
kimberowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, they will fit. I bought a set for my 2011 denim black SG. They are extremely pricey and it took about 3-4 months to get them, because Harley only paints certain colors at certain times....so wherever you purchase them from is actually going to turn around and order them from Harley from what I understand. Honestly, I would recommend buying the soft lowers like RDK09 suggests. They are WAY cheaper and keep in mind that SG's don't have all the lights and "bulk" that an EG has so IMO the fairing lowers look a little odd. On the flip, they function very well and I haven't taken mine off since I put them on...partly because they function so well and partly because they are a pain in the arse to take off/put on a lot. I can send pics if you'd like.

2011 Street Glide- black denim
D&D Fatcatz 2-1 with ghost pipe (Stage 1)
Many other goodies
kicker0927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Been There Done That

Not a pain in ass to take off if you buy the quick kit. Takes me 15 minutes with NO WRENCHES. About 25 bucks at H-D dealer for kit.
Long Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Put mine on EG Classic and have only taken them off once a year in last three only to clean. I don't have the quick kit and it was not bad at all taking off and back on. IMO
Often talked about taking off in heat of summer but they seem to stay on, I must be getting old?
I've seen them on a SG before.
LYEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poser Member # 99

There always on Ebay and a lot cheaper and Dave 63 posted ppg paint numbers for the newer bikes. You'll have to do some looking thru the Forum section looking for paint numbers. Local paint shops can paint them for Ya Every one has a buddy that paint's too.. for beer
big john@dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
i have the soft lowers and like them alot. folds up and lays flat in the bottom of my saddlebag. ive thought of the hard lowers like the cvo SG has but dam thats alot of $$$
Old 02-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think I'm going to sell my denim black vented lowers if anyone is interested. Only ridden with them on once and they are basically new. Hit me up if you'd like.

2011 Street Glide- black denim
D&D Fatcatz 2-1 with ghost pipe (Stage 1)
Many other goodies
kicker0927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
WHAT RED LIGHT!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK09 View Post
Cheaper alternative and their removable when it warms up----> Bar & Shield Logo Soft Lowers | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA
yep already have those. i like the look of the lowers plus i want to put speakers in them.