Seat for Shorty with Street Glide - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Seat for Shorty with Street Glide

I just bought a 2013 Street Glide, Does anybody have any suggestion for a lower or reduced reach seat? Thanks
ernstw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
harley has a reduced reach seat
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a 2012 and sent my seat to Mean City Cycles.They did a great job on it. I am 5'8 and can touch flat footed with no shoes on.
Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have an '04 RK and I put the reach seat on mine. I'm 5'6 and it does pretty well. Can't flat foot both feet, but one down and one on the brake suits me fine. A bit expensive....but suits me. YMMV
alii1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ride Hard

I been down the seat search for road and found all reduced reach seat do is shove your junk in to the tank. Drop the rear an inch with a set of shocks. Buy an adjustable back rest. You will be a lot more comfortable.
DSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

badlander seat

i have a badlander seat, and it feels much lower than the stock seat on my 2010. It is not as comfy though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sideview.jpg (621.6 KB, 28 views)
loubigbalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have an 11 streetglide and I am 5'3" with a 26" inseam!
I did a number of things to to lower my glide. I lowered the front by changing the springs which brought the front down 1", I lowered the back by 2"s with take down blocks, and I lowered the seat 3"s with a Drop Seat Kit from FatBaggers.com.
Wearing boots with 2" heals I can reach the ground.
I also had the seat redone to push me forward 2"s which made it easier to reach the brake.
I am now looking at getting rid of the air shocks and take down blocks and going with a spring shock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0232.jpg (984.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0231.jpg (993.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0233.jpg (899.4 KB, 46 views)
STClassic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the help, I bought a Harley reduce reach seat, I like the way it pushes me foward, I hate the look of the passenger seat, it's huge.. I called Mean City cycles and they don't cut the back seat. Does anybody know of a company who does cut the back seat or did anybody have their stock seat altered to be pushed foward by mean city? Ever better, does anybody know of a low profile seat that pushes you foward? Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Who did you have redo the seat? it looks good in the pics.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

I had the seat done at a local upholsterer because I didn't want to wait to get it back, and I was able to voice my likes and dislikes to a person face to face.
It's not the best job I believe but it's made the way I want it. Like I said it pushes me forward and it has a jelpak. I could raise the handlebars a little but I just don't want to go through the bother of taking the fairing and radio apart again.
I am looking at changing the shocks. I measured from bolt center to bolt center to where the blocks are mounted and I think I can go with a 10 1/2 to 11 inch shock and do away with the take down blocks. If anyone has any thoughts about that I'd appreciate hearing them.
One more thing when I get to old to hold the bike up anymore FATBAGGERS has the trike conversion kit.
STClassic01 is offline   Reply With Quote