Florida Keys - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Florida Keys

Going to be in Jupiter Fl. at my sons for Christmas for a couple of weeks. Is it worth throwing my bike in the back & take 4 or 5 days and do the keys? Help my Florida freinds.
z006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Most of the wet season will be behind us so it ought to be a nice ride.

It may be that the only purpose for your life is to serve as a warning to others.
nipplesurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

Thats one ride thats on the Bucket List for me... do it do it!!!

"Give her full throttle till ya see God... then back off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Golds bike sounds like a 66' Chevelle. It's amazing.
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

A very nice place to go. the rates will be high because of the season.
We are going to head down there in a couple of weeks.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
i lived in jupiter for 20 yrs YES take the bike and take the trip to key west,7 mile bridge is the best ride you will take..just watch ur speed the cops are rough and if key deer are around the are worse... from jupiter its about 4-5 hrs to key west but wat a ride bro
chop1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Just Ride

I wouldn't,nothing to see but blue water,white sand,hogs breath saloon,Hemingways house,Duvall street stumble (start at one end,have a beer or cocktail at each bar and try to make it to the other end) Margarita Grill.Cool old Fort. Thats just a little bit to do in Key West.Those other towns you ride thru I wouldn't stop.Key Largo fishing trips,Islemadoro restaurants and night life,nice aquarium.Nothing to see.Damn,I think I'll ride down this weekend.Takes me about 8 hrs.
2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)
FritzHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

October or early November are great,end of December is terrible. Motorcoaches,travel trailers,heavy traffic and the police are the worst. If you want to see the Keys drive your truck,it'll be better in traffic jams than your bike. I grew up in Florida(1948-2006)and used to go to the keys all the time,still have friends there but last time I was there (2003) it was so crowded I left sooner than planned. A great idea would be to plan for Biketoberfest(10-18-20) then head south,good weather and way less crowded,and police are almost human. Do not park more than one bike in a parking space,you will get a ticket.
windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I've ridden there once and towed there once. One of my favorite places on our planet. Now that I have a comfy bike, I'll be riding there more. Watch for key deer at dusk.

Ride on.

Chief Illiniwek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Warning about the Keys: If you go there once, you will wanna sell everything you own & move there! I know I do, and I ain't that far from them!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey View Post
Warning about the Keys: If you go there once, you will wanna sell everything you own & move there! I know I do, and I ain't that far from them!
+1

If I didn't have family and other fiduciary responsibilities here I would have been down there years ago living on a sailboat.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote