Relocating RK turn signals. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Relocating RK turn signals.

I was wondering if anyone had relocated their turn signals from the light bar to say, the crash bar. I'd like to have some small bullet-style lamps mounted with a highway peg clamp possibly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Relo.jpg (71.4 KB, 24 views)
thrill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

The new CVO has them under the controlls
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
You could also install some "bullet" bright white running lights on the engine gaurd (down low, like the mentioned CVO), and leave the flashers where they are. Just an ider...
Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good idea. I'd really like to take it all off if I could. More like how the Frat Boy Lo is modeled. I might have a way to do it but I'll have to look in my hardware. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by thrill74; 11-23-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I didn't like the driving lights, so I removed them and turned my signals up on the original light bar. Really changes the look of the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg electra King.jpg (140.3 KB, 31 views)
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm getting a lot of "why would you do that? Who does that to a RK?" from my local riders. I guess because, it's my bike, I can do what I like to it. Lol! Thanks for the ideas.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Vote Cthulhu in 2016

Thrill, if your changes to your scooter tick off the locals to the point where they are going to comment on it, why not invite them to this forum so that they can school the rest of us on how these bikes should look?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Chicken View Post
Thrill, if your changes to your scooter tick off the locals to the point where they are going to comment on it, why not invite them to this forum so that they can school the rest of us on how these bikes should look?
oh yes, invite them on over.

Sean C. Vigle
Rest In Peace My Friend.
Tcglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ha ha ha! Right? I hear that. After a few mock ups last night, I just couldn't make it work with what I had. I could make it work hardware-wise, but it just wasn't hurting me visually the way it should. I decided to go the RK Custom look. This route just seemed more feasible for me aesthetically. So!...I headed down to my dealer for some Friday Blackness. They had the lights in stock! For like $60 a piece! Heck no techno! That was without the mounting brackets too! I found 2 sets on eBay that are from a salvageable bike. Which I have a bid on

$60 bucks a piece!