Road Glide Windshield - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Countryboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garden of Eden, GA
Posts: 174
Images: 1
Road Glide Windshield

Alright guys...I am down to the last month before I buy my new bike..I went and test rode a new 2013 Road Glide Custom and I loved it..The problem is..the stocker shorty windshield produces a heck of a lot of buffeting. Being I am 6'7", this is even more of a problem. I am considering going ahead and adding a Windsplitter W/S but I can't decide on which brand to use..HD or Klockwerks. I like both looks but am unsure as to which is better..Aside from spending the money and buying both and trying which I like better...I was hoping someone on here would have some insight to which shield would be best for my long lanky self...

Any pics would be greatly appreciated as well!!

Thanks!

I may be young and I may be dumb...
Countryboy22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Louisville Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,705
I can relate to exactly what you are saying. Just picked up my 2013 RGC last Saturday. Wow, what a bike! But the buffeting--at 60 mph it is noticeable & bothersome, at 75 mph it is almost unbearable, affects my vision with my head being jarred every which way. On another forum I have read about numerous Road Glide owners who have tried 5, 6, some even more than that, windshields before they got something that worked reasonably well for them. I can't afford to do all that experimenting so I jumped ahead to where so many of them ended up--with a MadStad. On the way. UPS notice says it should be delivered this coming Tuesday.

If you haven't looked into a MadStad you should check out their website. And the looks of a MadStad seem to grow on you.

I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I am enjoying mine.

Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
wrnchtchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: millville,pa
Posts: 482
Garage
I plan on ordering a Madstad 13" during this winter, and put it on by spring
wrnchtchr is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Seor Member
 
Vettster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Veracruz, Ver. Mexico (I rarely take off my flack jacket. ;-)
Posts: 2,379
I have had several windshields on my RoadGlides over the last few years.
I had the Klockwerks, medium shield and pretty much all of the MOCO's offerings.
Finally settled on the tallest HD Windsplitter.
Seems to work for me.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

2010, FLTRX W/ SE 120R.

Welcome to the forum. One of the best places on Al Gores interweb.
If you are new, why not mosey on over to the New Member section and tell us a little bit about yourself and your bike.

IBA#44072
Vettster is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM
therapeutic
 
RoadSofa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 349
RoadSofa is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Countryboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garden of Eden, GA
Posts: 174
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe View Post
I can relate to exactly what you are saying. Just picked up my 2013 RGC last Saturday. Wow, what a bike! But the buffeting--at 60 mph it is noticeable & bothersome, at 75 mph it is almost unbearable, affects my vision with my head being jarred every which way. On another forum I have read about numerous Road Glide owners who have tried 5, 6, some even more than that, windshields before they got something that worked reasonably well for them. I can't afford to do all that experimenting so I jumped ahead to where so many of them ended up--with a MadStad. On the way. UPS notice says it should be delivered this coming Tuesday.

If you haven't looked into a MadStad you should check out their website. And the looks of a MadStad seem to grow on you.

I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I am enjoying mine.

Louisville Joe
Thanks Joe! I'm looking at them right now. If you dont mind, keep me posted as to what you think about it! As well as some pics!

I may be young and I may be dumb...
Countryboy22 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Countryboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garden of Eden, GA
Posts: 174
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster View Post
I have had several windshields on my RoadGlides over the last few years.
I had the Klockwerks, medium shield and pretty much all of the MOCO's offerings.
Finally settled on the tallest HD Windsplitter.
Seems to work for me.
Thanks Vettster. I think I am most likely going with the HD Windsplitter..No offense to Madstad or you Louisville Joe, but I just don't like that clip on look. I like the seamless look of the HD W/S!

Can't wait to order it!

I may be young and I may be dumb...
Countryboy22 is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 226
I have an '09 rd glide and lookn at the shields too. Taken all the good info in. Countryboy, what do you mean by the clip on look. I want to understand your prospective on this. thanks!
Gliderider is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Countryboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garden of Eden, GA
Posts: 174
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliderider View Post
I have an '09 rd glide and lookn at the shields too. Taken all the good info in. Countryboy, what do you mean by the clip on look. I want to understand your prospective on this. thanks!
Gliderider...check out this link to the Madstad W/S website.

Road Glide

To me...they look as if they "clip on" and I just don't like the look of it..but thats just me. I honestly prefer either klockwerks or HD...just can't make up my mind..

Let me know what you think and end up going with!

I may be young and I may be dumb...
Countryboy22 is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Countryboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garden of Eden, GA
Posts: 174
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster View Post
I have had several windshields on my RoadGlides over the last few years.
I had the Klockwerks, medium shield and pretty much all of the MOCO's offerings.
Finally settled on the tallest HD Windsplitter.
Seems to work for me.
Vettster...Would you mind posting a pic of yours from side and front angles? Thanks!

I may be young and I may be dumb...
Countryboy22 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome