Ultra Limited to Road King style license plate relocation - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Kind of what I did..

I still have to install the docking station I bought 2 years ago when I bought the bike..

I would love to move the license plate down, Will the Roadking bracket work with/attach to the lightbar I have on now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear of bike with old blinker.jpg (121.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg rear of bike with new blinker and no bumper.jpg (114.8 KB, 47 views)
roycet4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycet4 View Post
I still have to install the docking station I bought 2 years ago when I bought the bike..

I would love to move the license plate down, Will the Roadking bracket work with/attach to the lightbar I have on now?
The area for the light is built into the Road King bar so it is a replacement, it does not attach to your existing bar. Want to sell your tour pac detach kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Beachdive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrman66 View Post
I like the license plate where it is. Traffic and toll cameras cannot see it.
Sweet.

Just for informational reasons of course.
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycet4 View Post

Kuryakyn makes a relocate kit that is contoured to the lower fender; the plate curves.
Very nice set up.
Cheap too.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Harley/Chrome/License-Plates
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Old School

I opted for the CycleVision CV4808C led tag mount/taillamp/turnsignal assembly when I mounted the detachable hardware for my tourpack(I used the docking kit for a Streetglide due to the fact that it didn't come with that ugly azz tag mount sticking up like an afterthought, very clean looking and all plug & play, uses the stock turnsignal bar bolt holes in the fender and has a gasket/seal so that no dirt comes thru the factory taillamp hole (which it completely covers,,just my personal opinion/choice.
Drago's 2 into 1 exhaust
TTS tuner
CVO adjustable rear shocks
C&C custom Sport Touring seat
Detachable hardware/tourpack
Cycle Vision LED taillight/tag mount
J&M Audio 7.25 speaker upgrade
lots misc chrome and enough stuff to keep my wife upset and always more to come

Slick02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

A little late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachdive View Post
The area for the light is built into the Road King bar so it is a replacement, it does not attach to your existing bar. Want to sell your tour pac detach kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually I am finally installing the detach kit this week, I have the bike stripped and will finish this weekend.... I will figure out the license plate mount later..
roycet4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senile Member

I like the clean lines on the back of the bike with the Road King Lts.

Here's the big problem with all this relo stuff. The tail light has a window on top to shine light onto a plate that is gone. You ever try getting in and out of your bags and can't see squat because that light is beaming in your eyes. I'm looking to fix that issue on my bike. I was going to blank it out from the inside, but I'd rather use something that was made for it. I'm not interested in the chrome piece that sits out on top.

SO here's the big question... will the Street glide tail light work as a replacement on my 05 Ultra to loose that window on top of the break light?
You can never have too many bullets. Unless you're drowning or on fire.
dynaglydr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaglydr View Post
. . .SO here's the big question... will the Street glide tail light work as a replacement on my 05 Ultra to loose that window on top of the break light?
Yes, it would work. I believe all of those rear fender mounted tail lights are the same except for whether or not they have the plate light window. I kept the LED tail light I bought for my Heritage, and it bolted right to my Electra Glide Classic. The mount, base of the light and all of the wiring harness is exactly the same.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.