HD Security System? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

HD Security System?

I have a 2011 Streetglide with the factory security system installed. I am considering adding:

* Smart Siren II
* Smart Siren II Pager/Receiver

Wanted to check an see if anybody has added these to your system and, if so, what your thoughts are about how they perform.

Also, If you have the pager/receiver, did you go with the battery unit or the rechargable mode?

Any 'reviews' or advice will be appreciated!
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a 2013 street glide,we added full security system. We have pager as well. So far very pleased. I just wish siren was louder. My only complaint is I get in garage and don't have key fob. LOL. I have set off alarm a few times.
glide rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glide rider View Post
I have a 2013 street glide,we added full security system. We have pager as well. So far very pleased. I just wish siren was louder. My only complaint is I get in garage and don't have key fob. LOL. I have set off alarm a few times.
thanks for the info.

did you get the battery pager or the rechargable???
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

I have it on both bikes and used it at first....now I never even turn it on or mess with it........prolly should use it ....I feel like the odds of it screwing up and stranding me are higher than somone stealing my bike?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I had the Smart Siren II installed on my '07 Heritage. I also have the Smart Siren II Pager/Receiver. Both work well. I got it mainly for peace of mind. It won't deter a serious thief but it will scare off the wanna-bes and jerks that think hopping on someone's ride for a photo-op is just peachy .

The siren could be a little louder.

My only regret is not having purchased the rechargeable Pager/Receiver instead of the simple battery operated one. It goes through a battery in 2-3 weeks of pretty heavy use.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

I picked up my new RGC couple of weeks ago--had the dealer install the siren (and a couple of other items) before I took delivery--but didn't get the pager.

As has been stated, the siren isn't as loud as I had expected. But...., having an AUDIBLE alarm does get me a little (not sure how much) discount on my insurance (Geico).

Considering the value of the bike, the siren does give me a little extra peace of mind. And it just might scare the s*** out of some little gremlin who might want to sit on it in the restaurant parking lot.

Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

siren but no pager I like hearing the chirp especialy in bright sunlight letting me know system armed
Boogitybob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

I bought the Smart Siren for my RK. Really hated it, without it. Could never tell if it was armed or not. And what is the sense of an alarm when only the lights flash. Did not get the pager because you can not use the pager to arm and disarm the alarm, so just something else you have to carry around.

Can not understand for the life of me why they would not make the pager work as your fob as well. I mean why have to carry a fob plus a pager? Should have been an all in one control.

Also why does HD put a factory alarm on without a siren? They make you buy the siren, just another money grab as far as I can see.

Bruce

2004 Road king FLHRCI
107 10.5-1 Flat top Pistons
S&S 4 3/8 Flywheels
Timken Conversion
Heads, Serdi Street port by Vee Twin Racing
S&S 585 gear drive Easy Start cams
S&S Quickee pushrod kit
Throttle body ported to 48mm by Dan Vance Racing
SE Air Cleaner kit with Zippers Filter
S&S Power Tune duals
Vance & Hines Basic Slash Slip-ons
Burly Lite Clutch Kit
HD Reduced Clutch inner/outer ramps
AIM Corp 480Lb. Clutch Spring
Baisley LMR-004 Oil Pump Spring
ThunderMax Auto Tuner
Brew61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

My pager uses a battery. I only wish the siren was louder.
glide rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

I set mine off one night about 3 in the am. at the hotel ,there was a row of about 20 bikes out there....lets just say they didnt think it was funny as I did...and got some pretty nasty go to hell looks the next morining....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.