Harley and Their Ridiculous Prices - Page 6 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Silo.
Insert stoner laugh here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Then that old lady either fussed at me or hit on me at McDonald's. I still don't know which.

Chief Illiniwek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

This is all about economics. Harley charges more because they can. They have a brand that people like, an image people want. Why should they charge less? You guys are doing exactly what you should be doing - seeking out other sources for what you want. My first bike will most likely not be new. No way I'll get a $20,000 Road King past the wife. However, the 2008 Road King on Craig's List with a mere 800 miles on it going for $11k, now we can talk. And I'll probably e-Bay most of my aftermarket stuff, too.

The good news is that Harley stuff is good stuff new or used. And, when Harley starts seeing more stuff laying around the warehouse, they'll bring prices down a bit.

Supply and demand, gentlemen. Supply and demand.

JamesNT
JamesNT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
tattoo judge

Garage
you know, I like Harley Davidson, I like my dealer, and I like their parts. I pay the price and get what works. sorry you feel that way but I do not.

http://dmwphoto.smugmug.com
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Union Ironworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNT View Post
JamesNT
I disagree.....it's not called supply and demand it's called gouging......the Harley motorcompany have snubbed their noses at the diehard customers/dealerships that kept them alive when times were tough all in the name of the allmighty $....back in the day when the logo was associated with outlaws and gangs they couldn't break into big $'s....when they bought the name back from AMF they set about changing their image to be more appealing to the disposable income class.....since then every weekend warrior/yuppie has bought their product/image in an effort to give off a badass persona.....when the motorcompany started shutting down mom and pop shops because they wanted to stay mom and pop and not high end boutiques it made me sick.........I ride their motorcycles for their product.....I don't consider cologne a motorcompany product....just my .02
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNT View Post
Hey Guys,

This is all about economics. Harley charges more because they can. They have a brand that people like, an image people want. Why should they charge less? You guys are doing exactly what you should be doing - seeking out other sources for what you want. My first bike will most likely not be new. No way I'll get a $20,000 Road King past the wife. However, the 2008 Road King on Craig's List with a mere 800 miles on it going for $11k, now we can talk. And I'll probably e-Bay most of my aftermarket stuff, too.

The good news is that Harley stuff is good stuff new or used. And, when Harley starts seeing more stuff laying around the warehouse, they'll bring prices down a bit.

JamesNT
08 RK at 800 miles at 11K is a good deal.
I was looking at used but wanted ABS.
That means either an old Police bike or 09 plus with ABS option.
09 introduced the new frame and engine mounts.
Plus the 103 motor in 11 (?)
Bigger tire...
New bike just a few $ more.
And a warranty.
A few bucks here, a few bucks there next thing you know and your at $22K.
I got the last 2012 for a steal or else used would have been the ticket.

If I didnt need ABS this sounds like a good deal.
Extra engine mount kits are like $200.
Not from Harley.
If Harley had them they would be $500
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
The sales girl up here as a crush on me so I get freebies. You just need to soften them up a little

lol

-Rohan
Yeah but how hard is it to soften up a biker hag with no teeth?
StreetGlider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #58 (permalink)

I drove dealer and sales guy and sales manager nuts last few bikes I've bought at dealer!!!

Wheelin" N dealin" with them on price and free bee's.

They are in the bizz to make money, but I was in the bizz to save some funds or gettin" what I can!!

They still came out ahead !!
ramrod400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

I kinda feel sorry for my dealer....they know the shit is too high...and they sell it...but its like...sorry man....they hate screwing you as much as you hate being screwed..I think..they are good about helping ya if they can....but they understand if you buy it from somewhere else....
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
Insert stoner laugh here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
=) I don't think any of us are gonna forget that day.

2010 FXDWG - 18,363 miles of good times. Gone, but not forgotten.

Creator of the annual Illinois Meth Head run. Because riding isn't fun unless you're tweaking and beating up senior citizens!
AndyG is online now   Reply With Quote