ultimate tall boy seat - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

ultimate tall boy seat

i'm 6'6'' tall. ordered the ultimate seat according to their specs(same height as stock but moves you back 1 1/2''. well not so. i installed mines today. foam feels fine and sturdy, but it does not move you back 1 1/2''. i felt like my stock seat, sat further back. legs don't lie. if this is their standard tallboy seat, i'm sending it back. may call corbin.

anybody have the Harley hammock touring seat?
ipod interface. stage 2 with dyno. mustang seat.
firetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Well .. I'm 6' 7" and the tall boy seat moved me back enough to make it enjoyable to be in the saddle for 100 miles, before that about 30 was all I could deal with before a break.

That's not to say it's the perfect seat but for me a heck of a lot better than what came stock on a 2012 FLTRX.

I am looking into other options I needed to not only go back, but up up a little.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
OGC

I purchased the tall boy and it helped. I got the leg room I needed by replacing the floorboards with forward controls. On my 2011 FLHX.

Company I bought them from are based in Arizona. At 6'1" and with floorboards my knees were well over the top of the tank. Not comfortable to say the least. They are pricy but well built and I think they look ok. There are options for the pegs.

Company name is Accutronix, I just looked on eBay as saw them for 849.00. Installed them myself, no hassles

No floorboards to scrape on turn (appreciate you'll scrape your boot heal instead). But what a difference.

I'm trying to upload pics but having problems through my iPad. It will only let me load one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (271.4 KB, 78 views)
OGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Another option

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruck View Post
i'm 6'6'' tall. ordered the ultimate seat according to their specs(same height as stock but moves you back 1 1/2''. well not so. i installed mines today. foam feels fine and sturdy, but it does not move you back 1 1/2''. i felt like my stock seat, sat further back. legs don't lie. if this is their standard tallboy seat, i'm sending it back. may call corbin.

I'm 6' 5" and I own the Road Zeppelin. Aside from being the most comfortable seat I've ever owned, it did move me back some. In fact it moved me back so far as to jam me and my passenger together and made a tour pack adjuster necessary. My bike is an 09 Ultra. Hope this helps.
stogieluvr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruck View Post

Let us know what you end up getting...I am 6'7" and I have a Road Glide Custom and I definitely need a new seat too!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

well i sent the ultimate tall boy, one piece seat back. ultimate is sending the tall boy, two piece, they say it moves you back a full 2''.

my dealer let me try the hammock seat, for the week end. i mounted it to the bike and sat on it, believe it or not, this seat moves you further back, contradicting what the dealer (position same as stock) stated. I'm just not sure about the mechanism. the ultimate seat felt very steady, no flex in seat pan. i think a seat that flexes, takes away from the bikes handling. that's why i always bought Corbin.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Smokin Ogre

I am considering the Hammock as well, but am concerned that it will take away passenger seating. I cramp my passenger enough as it is. I am 6'4 and 300lbs
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

I agree. passenger should be comfy also. Actually I'm content with the position of the stock seat, just need much better padding. I'm concerned about the hammock gimmick holding up over time.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Garage
I'm 6'4 and I have the tall boy and it works as it should but I've said before and I'll say it again, the pegs are just as important. to stretch that tall lumber out.

I've got my pegs as high and as far forward as I can. I also have the extended shifters which help with my size 14's.

Additionally, I've got the tour pak extender for when my wife rides with me. I can extend the pak about 3 inches farther back.

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

well i returned the Harley hammock seat. ultimate two piece seat will arrive on Thursday. It moves you back a full two inches and sits a little higher, they say. Will see. the aftermarket seats have a stiffer base and much firmer foam that will not break down. that's why i'm picking ultimate. If this doesn't work, Corbin is next.