Thoughts After One Week... - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Thoughts After One Week...

So I have owned my EG/SG conversion for a week now and I have come to the conclusion that this is the greatest motorcycle ever made. I am absolutely crazy about this bike.

First I'll start with the rubber mounted Evolution motor. I have always loved Evos. I had one in my 94 Heritage. The simplicity and reliability of this motor is amazing. But, my Heritage wasn't rubber mounted. I could feel the vibrations of the bike and after a long trip averaging 70 - 80 mph, I had a funny tingling all over my body. Even when I ride my 07 Softail with it's counter-balanced twin cam and 6 speed transmission, I get some slight vibrations on the long hauls. This rubber mounted stuff is the tits! I can crank up to 75 mph and not feel a thing! Oh sure, it's shaky at idle but who cares? Once you rap throttle and let out on the clutch, it smooths right out and gives an amazing ride. I put a new Mikuni carb on this bike and I can't say enough about how well it runs. When it's cold I pull the choke and she fires right up. Runs smooth as can be. I actually forget that I'm riding a carb'd bike. That's how well this is dialed in. And it doesn't leak a drop of oil!

I'm really liking the suspension too. I only weigh 150 pounds and my wife is only 90 or so. I enjoy being able to easily adjust the air in the suspension with a simple hand pump. It's such a nice ride too! I can only imagine what some new Progressive shocks are going to feel like.

The handling is awesome. I felt really confident on this bike. I was kinda nervous at first because it's my first touring bike with a fairing and bags and a lot heavier than what I'm used to, but after about an hour I was able to confidently and quickly execute the "police turn around from a stop". You know, the one where you are sitting still and you crank the bars all the way left or right and take right off. Done correctly, you can accomplish this within the space of about a parking spot... and I am able to do it on this bike, even with my apes.

The fairing... Where to start here? Everything is awesome about it. I love having a stereo, and on mine I can plug in an Ipod or USB music source. I like that the fairing keeps most of the wind off of my body. It really makes for a more comfortable and less stressful ride at higher speeds. I also like that I have the ability to add little deflectors to the fairing to dissipate even more wind away from my body. It's really nice having all of that in the rain too. Down south we get rain out of nowhere and on my Softail, it's painful to say the least.

I didn't think I would own a bagger until later on in my life but I got a killer deal on this one and it has everything I could ever want in a bagger. From the 21" front wheel to the new 39" Cholo fishtails in the back, this bike is ME 100%.

I found that I can still have a really cool bike without sacrificing comfort. I used to think that was impossible but I've found it in this bike. And what's better than having a Street Glide with an Evo motor???

-Rohan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-04-09-12-12.jpg (915.9 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-04-09-10-33.jpg (1.69 MB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-04-09-10-46.jpg (873.7 KB, 145 views)
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rohan...That thing is BADA$$
streetglidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
JPR

Garage
There's no thrill like being super happy beyond all expectations on your new toy.

ENJOY and congrats!

Joe

I ride therefore I am (Veho Ergo Sum) JPR

65 Italian scooter
66 305 Rice burner; NO PROBLEMS
67 650 English Bike; MAJOR PROBLEMS
1968/XLCH - lots of mods; loved it for 11 years; NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS
2012 Heritage 103 Rush 2.0 pipes "MAMBO #5"
bought all brand new except scooter

There's a picture of the sportster after all the mods in my images file.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like a ton of fun to ride, and looks freaking sweet!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
D1W1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

That's just one, pretty Evo. Whoever built that had a vision.

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage
Everything's there that should be and nothing else that doesn't need to be - wonderful!
You sound like one happy camper and with good reason. Ride Safe!
Baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Collision Godfather

Nice bike....Congrats on being Happy!!

Harley Forum Meet and Greet Video 2013

http://youtu.be/yW0nzq94R1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0skr19KrE4
2stangs8689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
Dang it man! I thought my bike was the greatest ever.

Nice ride!
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
13 STREET GLIDE

Great ride ...but mines the greatest! LOL
Grats on your ride
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
That's sharp, congrats!
sthill is offline   Reply With Quote