Bought the bike - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Touring General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Life Member

Garage
Congrats on the new ride ... Same Bike I picked up in September. I love the Midnight Pearl color ... Now if winter would be over so I can rider her again.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggerdude View Post
Thanx, guys.

Yeah ... I won't be riding anything very soon. We got 15" of snow yesterday. Barely got home in the AWD SUV. I'll be digging out all day!

I've been looking at which farkles to add to the bike. Prolly start with just some simple exhaust/AC/cams for some more power. Then add a different saddle and some amber fogs/driving lights for the cages.

Looking forward to riding the SG.
farkles? What the heck is a farkle and why would you put on a bike?

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdebris View Post
Congrats on the new ride ... Same Bike I picked up in September. I love the Midnight Pearl color ... Now if winter would be over so I can rider her again.
I hear ya, cosmic ... 15 inches here, now compacted and freezing up.

I have some BMW plugs on my Wing and rheostats that control my heated Gerbings gear ... I typically ride year 'round if the roads are dry/clear. My driveway is another issue, tho.

Heck, I think I was riding last Christmas day and New Years day, too. Let's all hear it for Global Warming, eh !! Ride and golf year 'round, I say.
Baggerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knash View Post
You don't know what a "Farkle" is .... you need to light a candle and say a Hail Mary, dude.

Farkles are all the extras we hook up on our bikes .... chrome farkles, electonic farkles, performance farkles, yada, yada.

You must be stuck in the 70's. Come on out and play.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knash View Post

Silly Yankees. They have a language all their own, Knash. It once took me twenty minutes to figure out "Jimmys" are sprinkles on your ice cream.

Congrats on the ride, BD! I don't think I could hold out three months, but you got the right 'tude. Trick that mother out!
Burgundy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy9 View Post
Silly Yankees. They have a language all their own, Knash. It once took me twenty minutes to figure out "Jimmys" are sprinkles on your ice cream.

Congrats on the ride, BD! I don't think I could hold out three months, but you got the right 'tude. Trick that mother out!
Thanx, Burgundy9 ... I agree with ya. Couple months with the ride in the warehouse is tough. But, it gives me the time I need to get all the farkles lined up for the bike as well.

Plus, the roads suck here in New England now since they started using the 'liquid salt'. That crap is super corrosive and is slippery even when dry.

I do have a couple other bikes to ride if the weather/roads change. And, as I've gotten older ... I have gotten more patient. But, just a bit.

BTW, the Yankees here in New England don't know what a malt is ... they call it a frap? Or, some such. I'm not originally from New England .... western Nebraska is where I grew up. (a malt is a milk shake with malted milk added ... ask Frankie Avalon, he knows ... )
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Jimmies on my soft serve, a Frappe and some fries and Submarine sandwich to go!
Lumpy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy38 View Post
Jimmies on my soft serve, a Frappe and some fries and Submarine sandwich to go!
I hear ya, bro. Don't understand the lingo, but I hear ya.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #39 (permalink)

^
answered your HP question down in "technical".
Have a look-see.
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy9 View Post
Are we still considered Yankees in Chicago?

I say no because so far I have heard a Texan talk about canned chili, a Frappe is a drink made with coffee and milk and here a Jimmy has a whole other meaning.
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote