michelin commander II or dunlop 402? - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Wheels and Tires

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
KING OF THE ROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwobbely View Post
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2011
Michelin Commander 2 Tires
BY NICOLAS R

Brand new for January 2012, the Michelin Commander 2 Tire seems to be the end-all be-all for cruiser tires. Studies conducted in the production phase of these tires using a Harley Electra Glide showed that the rear tire will last nearly twice as long as the Commander II's main competition from Metzeler and Dunlop. The brand new Michelin Commander 2 Rear Tires can cover up to 40,000km (nearly 25,000mi). Utilizing a more rigid tire casing than what is generally seen on comparable tires. This higher-density casing offers better handling and tremendous feedback with the road. At the back tire, aramid tread plies are used which resist centrifugal growth, provide extra stability and reduce the overall weight of the tire. In addition, the Commander II tires are using square bead wires which improve casing rigidity, overall handling and make them a cinch to install. The Michelin Commander 2 Front Tires and rear tires will also perform excellently in the rain, as their new rubber compounds provide unparalleled grip in the wet without sacrificing longevity. There are numerous longitudinal grooves in these tires that force water out. In addition, using Silica Rain Technology, Michelin has integrated silica into the compound of the tire to prevent uneven wear.
i wish I had his job. Take this electra glide and ride it till the tires need to be replased and we will pay ya to do it
100.89hp 107ftlbs
Mustang seat
NRA lifer
http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/p...ord7379trucks/
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
KING OF THE ROAD

wish they came in wide white wall
100.89hp 107ftlbs
Mustang seat
NRA lifer
Old 04-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
KING OF THE ROAD

any road king classic pics with these tires
100.89hp 107ftlbs
Mustang seat
NRA lifer
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

No comparison to the stock Dunlop 401's that were on my bike when I bought it (both tires almost new FYI). I also will admit I updated my forks with new Progressive springs and new brake pads at the same time. I disliked the Dunlops from day one compared to the Bridgestone BT-45's on my CBX. Very hard tire and less grip IMO. Regardless, after 75 miles on the new CII's and after taking 3M tire and wheel cleaner to them to reduce the mold release on the tires I took the bike thru my 26 mile short cruise with lots of twistys and cannot complain. Very happy so far!
Quickster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Alrighty then, I guess I'm gonna try those C2'S out. After reading the posts here, I searched Amazon and pulled the trigger on a set shipped to my door. Hope they get here fast cuz I definatley need new tires.
RobsUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Addicted Since 2010

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsUltra View Post
Alrighty then, I guess I'm gonna try those C2'S out. After reading the posts here, I searched Amazon and pulled the trigger on a set shipped to my door. Hope they get here fast cuz I definatley need new tires.
You wont regret it

"Mr. Lahey is this you talking or the liquor?"

"Randy...(takes a swig)...I am the Liquor!!!"
XL1200R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
KING OF THE ROAD

MICHELIN Commander II Testimonials
are these made in the USA?
100.89hp 107ftlbs
Mustang seat
NRA lifer
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Addicted Since 2010

Garage
Thailand.

Yea, I know, I was angry too. They are so good though I had to make the sacrifice.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
KING OF THE ROAD

they better get me 25000 miles then. I gave up my wide white walls and Made In USA tires that worked just fine for me other then I only got 5000 miles out of the rear.
100.89hp 107ftlbs
Mustang seat
NRA lifer
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Addicted Since 2010

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
they better get me 25000 miles then. I gave up my wide white walls and Made In USA tires that worked just fine for me other then I only got 5000 miles out of the rear.
I hope they do too. Its always good to try new things anyway, it is the best way to learn in life