Help to identify this brand of ABS system - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Wheels and Tires

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Help to identify this brand of ABS system

Hello, I am in the process of replacing my brake lines on my 09 Road King Classic and I don't know what brand my current front brake manifold is.

Can anyone ID this as I don't think it is OEM for this model bike? Picture#1

09 FLHRC-Front Brake Assy#1.jpg 09 FLHRC-Front Brake Cable Run#2.jpg 09 FLHRC-ABS Connections#3.jpg

Also, I am trying to figure out which way this magnum shielding lower brake assembly gets connected, there are two ways it COULD be mounted and I don't want to stuff it (no instructions provided).

Check out the photo's as I am 90 percent sure that the upright cable picture 4&5 below goes up through the rightside of headlight nacelle back to the ABS controller (run down the right side of the bike under the tank).

Magnum Shielding Front Assy#4.jpgMagnum Shielding Front Assy#5.jpg

Any advice on problems experienced with installing this setup?

Thanks,

Aussie Ads
Aussie Ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired citizen

They look like Russell lines. Russell lines usually have a name tag wrapped around the lines someplace.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
ABS braided cable problem

Thanks Schmidys.... don't the Russell lines have screw in banjo or an3 fittings? I don't think this is the case with this current setup (not to question your judgement but I am confused!).

Attached are some clearer photo's, I am getting quite frustrated as the bike is off the road and I am trying to ID this brand of manifold so I can replace the lower cables to the calipers and the mid line. I can't find the correct type of chrome braided hose and fittings that will be plug and play. Check out the photo #1 and 2.

09 FLHRC-Front Brake Assy#1.jpg Unknown brake manifold #2.jpg

I ordered the magnumshielding lower assy but it rises behind the triple tree and gets pushed against the frame in front of the tank. I don't trust this set up as it may weaken the braised connection where the mid line hose (to BCU) attaches to the manifold under the triple tree (solid tubing). See picture #3.

Magnum Shielding Front Assy.jpg

I have tried to research further but with no luck - Surely someone may have this set up and can offer some additional advice! I am going nuts...
Aussie Ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired citizen

Are you sure you're installing the new manifold correctly ? I've never seen one that routes the upper line behind the triple tree bottom clamp. It should route up between the front of the bottom clamp and the nacelle and the hose would exit the top of the nacelle next to the right handlebar clamp then to the master cylinder.

Looking at the bottom picture of the new maniflod it looks like that would work.