Harley Davidson Forums banner

Longer rear shocks?

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  candyman1340 
#1 ·
I'd like to find longer shocks for my '05 1200C. My stocks are 11-1/2" from hole centers and I really need 13 inches. Any suggestions (I probably just opened myself up to a few good one-liners)?

#2 ·
Guys have talked a lot about getting a set of Road King take off air shocks and setting them up on Sportsters. I would have tried this if I hadn't bought a set of Progressive 412's first. The progressives are pretty nice, but I've heard the Air Shocks ride better. They are about the same price.

#3 ·
Ebay.....Sporty shocks like crazy there. You can use Dyna shocks too if it's a weight carrying issue. Larger body, damper and higher rated spring.

+1 on the air shocks. 13.5" and mucho adjustable.

#4 ·
I agree on air shocks. I had a set of RK shocks on mine and loved the ride but they started leaking oil so I went back to my stock shocks. After the paint job I will be doing this coming winter I plan to get a slammer set from burly. Air shocks are great you can pick then up for cheap on eBay. If you know how to fix the leak in then you can hit me and make an offer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
+1 on eBay take off Road King shocks, picked up a low mileage set for the wife's bike for about $75 shipped last year, they ride nice and are easy to adjust with a hand pump.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Reactions: Jack Ryan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.