Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Idle issues
Thread: Idle issues
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
William Gipson

Street issues

Just purchased a 2015 xg500. I'm assuming gas has been sitting in it quite awhile. Only 4k miles, bogs down in idle, lurches and bogs under 10-15 mph. Wanting to drain gas and possibly remove filter and pump in case the bad gas has messed them up. Cant find any videos or manuals on how to do so. Any help?

Just bought a 2015 street 500, roughly 4200 miles. When idling, it bogs down and surges constantly and died one time, first gear bogs unless I really get into the throttle. Once past first gear, runs like a top. Can't figure out the issue. Drained and replaced the old gas that had been sitting by the previous owner which seemed to help a little.

Just bought a 2015 street 500, roughly 4200 miles. When idling, it bogs down and surges constantly and died one time, first gear bogs unless I really get into the throttle. Once past first gear, runs like a top. Can't figure out the issue. Drained and replaced the old gas that had been sitting by the previous owner which seemed to help a little.

Last edited by misinlink; 08-15-2018 at 06:15 AM. Reason: same thread 3 times

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome