Harley Davidson Forums banner

Upgraded pipes what tuner and intake to add

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Coronahog 
#1 ·
I have an 2004 Dyna supperglide with just 2500 miles I upgraded the pipes to a 2-1 and gonna add a dyno jet power commander V and trying to figure out the best air intake to add. I’ve always liked the S&S intakes but wondering if there are certain combinations that work best on this motor? I’m up for any suggestions on the tuner that’s just the one my mechanic recommend and I trust his judgment. Thanks

#2 ·
Personally, I'd go with the Power Vision for the tuner and get it from Fuel Moto. They offer lifetime support. As far as the intake, can't go wrong with S&S if that is the style you prefer. Which 2 into 1 did you get?

#3 ·
I got the Bassani pipes which I really like the look and love the sound. I’m not so tech savvy so the tuner would be tuned by my mechanic and perhaps that’s why he recommended the dyno jet. But I will ask him about the one you’ve recommended, what are the pros on this one versus the power commander V ? Thanks

#4 ·
the power vision is an upgraded version of the power commander v ...u have more tuning capabilities and is the newest system out there that many places are installing..more bells and whistles woth features

i do have the power vision on my 06 road glide

as far as intake..alot depends on what u are wanting..the bigger the filter the more area you have and potential air flow

also, length tuning comes into play, the cold air style (tubular) i takes are longer and will help the low end grunt and they really dont hurt the top end at all because the harley is a low rpm motor and already has a short intake tract

i have this style and currently produce 122.5hp at 5500 and 131 tq at 4000 on my 107 build

#5 ·
The Power Vision doesn't require you to be tech savy. Generally speaking, it's pretty simple to use. You plug in the device into your ecm to flash a selected tune, unplug and you're done. It also has an auto tune function that gives you the ability to fine tune whatever tune is flashed to the ecm as you ride. It will make a copy of the original tune in case you don't like what you just flashed and can revert back to it and start again. That's the beauty about Fuel Moto, they will provide tunes for you based on your setup. If it isn't quite right, run the auto tune to dial it in better. There are a lot guys who use the Power Vision connected all the time to see engine temps etc. as they are riding. Having the bike on the dyno and tuned by a professional is the best option and it will give you hp/tq numbers so you know what your bike is making. Be sure to have them give you before and after numbers so you can see the improvements. Here is a link about the Power Vision and there are countless youtube videos that explain exactly how it works. Here are a couple for you to start with. Do your research to make the best decision. Good luck.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28398-dynojet-power-vision.html

Reactions: slingshot383
#10 ·
You bet. Lots to learn before sinking the cash and not being happy. I've done that a few times myself, and vowed to do my best not to do it again. I plan on getting the Power Vision in the near future just to have in case the epa cracks down even more. My current tuner is the SEPST from Harley which is now an expensive paperweight. The Power Vision has the ability to work with any upgrades you desire. With the lifetime support from Fuel Moto, it's a win win in my book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.