Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Another Close Call and idot police dispatcher
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
kd5cqt
Mississippi Cajun

Another Close Call and idot police dispatcher

Just had a bad memory resurface as I rolled down the road to AM coffee and BS session. Was on my way to the local coffee shop when I happened to catch sight of a black dog that otherwise resembled a full grown German Shepard inside a yard just off the road. Problem was, said pooch was NOT on a leash and the driveway gate was wide open. Dog saw Harley and took off straight for the road as I passed the gate. Fortunately I saw the dog, dropped a gear, and twisted the wick leaving dog in exhaust fumes. On the return home, I stopped at the local County Sheriff's office depot and reported the situation to the dispatcher who did her damndest to ignore the problem, I advised her that I had been taken down back in '04 (New Year's Eve) by a pit Bull while on a Fat Boy. The 50mph slide on the asphalt road was not fun and I still have the scars as a memorial....still got ignored. Nothing to be done about it until I said no problem, I have a .45 pistol that will end the problem if it reoccurs. Still trying to figure out why I would be the one in trouble for defending myself against an untethered, unrestrained dog, but the owner gets a pass if my $40K motorcycle gets trashed and is excused from whatever it costs to pay the hospital ER staff because THAT is MY PROBLEM

USAF Veteran, PGR Member, Retired Old Fart! 2015 Electraglide Ultra Limited

Hey, immigrants: Learning English and assimilation to American culture is NOT a suggestion!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome