Harley Davidson Forums banner

No clutch adjustment?

5K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  07Custom 
#1 ·
So my clutch isn’t releasing until lever is almost all the way out. Went to adjust cable today and there’s no adjustment. First time I’ve seen cable without adjustment on it. Do I just order a cable that I can adjust or is there something else I can do? Bike has an Ultima open primary

#7 ·
Thats isn't a stock clutch, its after market dry clutch. I'm not familiar with it. Hopefully others maybe able to help.

#9 ·
If that's a Shovel the cable adjuster is on a frame bracket by the starter motor on the left side. Follow the cable down to the primary and the adjuster will be behind the inner primary.
Well a closer look and it doesn't appear to be a Shovel but the cable looks like it goes to the backside of the primary.

#19 ·
The OP will be able to get some adjustment on the clutch pressure plate so the lever will be closer to the grip. Gotta remove the outer 'derby' cover for access to the adjuster screw.
Seems to me the only time the lever walks out from the grip is when the throwout bearing is going south. Clutch plate wear causes the lever to get closer to the grip.

#20 ·
The OP will be able to get some adjustment on the clutch pressure plate so the lever will be closer to the grip. Gotta remove the outer 'derby' cover for access to the adjuster screw.
Seems to me the only time the lever walks out from the grip is when the throwout bearing is going south. Clutch plate wear causes the lever to get closer to the grip.
Good point.
I ass-u-med the pressure plate adjustment was done and correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.