Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Street Glide 5th Gear
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
zgrsk269

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpassh2o View Post
Quote:
Clutch adjustment is needed. IMO
Quote:
This happened to me last year.... only in 5th... out of sync with ECM is what I was told, adjusting clutch cured it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgrsk269 View Post
I spoke with a few old head mechanics. They told me my clutch cable adjustment was causing this issue more than likely. They told me to loosen it up a few turns and see if it fixes the issue if it doesn’t they’ll have to pull the cover and check. I didn’t believe them, figured it was clutch spring, or adjustment behind the derby cover so I took their advice and loosened it a little. Issue seemed to have stopped. I ran it for an hour on a backroad for over an hour back and forth and couldn’t get it to mimic the issue. For S&G’s I tighten my clutch as tight as it could go, and it did the “slipping” in every year as soon as I would hit the gas. They said start as tight as it can be and then slowly work you’re way to loose. I trusted the old guys and they were right.

Glad you listened to someone and got it resolved.
Never heard of a clutch cable being too tight that would make it feel like it’s slipping though... grew up on dirt bikes and crotch rockets never had that issue. Is this a thing with Harley’s? Only had my sportster like 2 months before I got this.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome