Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No vent closure on 20 Road glide

29K views 71 replies 22 participants last post by  gtrman66 
#1 ·
Went in today to order a new 2020 Road Glide. They took the vent closures off the 2020’s by the triple tree. You would get blasted in the face in the rain. Talked to parts department and they said there is no after market and they can’t be converted to previous years models. Definitely a NO SALE for me. I’ll keep my Ultra Limited. Must have a bunch of bean counters running the company that don’t ride motorcycles.

#3 ·
No vent closures on 20 Road Glide

Went in today to order a new 2020 Road Glide. They took the vent closures off the 2020’s by the triple tree. You would get blasted in the face in the rain. Talked to parts department and they said there is no after market and they can’t be converted to previous years models. Definitely a NO SALE for me. I’ll keep my Ultra Limited. Must have a bunch of bean counters running the company that don’t ride motorcycles.

#4 ·
Can’t see that being that big a deal. Very rarely close mine and even if so, don’t see much difference in the rain.
Plus, if you open and close them much the plastic shit just breaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I experimented with mine and didn't like it nor did I like the little 4 inch windshield. got a recurve windshield from LRS and put my utility bags over the vents which are always closed now. works fine for me.
With the always open feature, it'd be a no deal for me.

#12 ·
Aftermarket vent filler

#17 ·
Can be painted to match too.
Another option I'm thinking would be the velcro with the adhesive backing.
Cut the hook or loop so it frames the vent openings.
Use the corresponding piece to close all or partially.
:think Maybe I should patent that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.