love hate choppers - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

love hate choppers

ok, so I picked up the new Hot Bike mag last night. this wild looking bobb on the front cover catches me eye.

Now I am the first to stand up and say that one thing that makes me sick is the mass comercialization of "custom" bikes and bike builders, and the extreeme overuse of the word "custom"

Well Ami James has partnered up with Sucker Punch Sallys to build a pair of custom scoots, and they will be put into production soon. OK, well if it is going into production, it is no longer custom.

Now, that said....... That LOve bike is one hot scoot! not too sure of the 23 inch wheels, but they deff give it a different look. the flat tank is cool, I really don't like tha big casting for the dash or the velocity stack, but over all, the bike in general is sweet. skinny and clean, and it just flows with itself so well.

Anyone else seen it?

Now the hate bike on the other hand....not a bad looking panhead knock-off, but I guess I never did care for the leafspring front ends.

this is the only pic I could find online of the Love bike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ami james.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	4794  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

There kool but im not into Billet(ITS GAY) I also like how they say factory custom ther is no such animal....Dumbazzez..
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

so you see my point.....thank you, seems like noone else does, or at least not too many. Custom generally means, one off, one of a kind, made for this one project only, custom made, etc........ now it seems to be anything that did not come from the major manufacturer as a stock item.................... GAY!!!!

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 AM

You'd never see me on that bike. It's flash, not class.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

Very few will see your point they thing cause they buy a new HD and bolt on some billet it makes it a custom more like RUBS,any butthead can buy a bike and bolt on somthing but to make something out of steel or with your hands and apply it to your sled and it practical and functional then That and only that will make it a custom or choppin.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Banned

U got that right my friend....I would like to say I do more, but with no longer having access to a torch and welder, my custom comes from cutting down stock or aftermarket parts and whatever happens to flow from my paint guns or airbrushes.

SirBoom, I am sorry to disagree, but that little bobb.....I'd ride the chit outa it if it had a couple less pieces of bling on it and spoked wheels
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassbrutus View Post
Very few will see your point they thing cause they buy a new HD and bolt on some billet it makes it a custom more like RUBS,any butthead can buy a bike and bolt on somthing but to make something out of steel or with your hands and apply it to your sled and it practical and functional then That and only that will make it a custom or choppin.
or pay the stealership to bolt it on
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

Id flat track the chit outta it....
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 PM

What do you guys think of Thunder Mountain bikes? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned

not familliar with them, let me get the cabinet to research them for you........ Gruss, I need data!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode