Harley Davidson Forums banner

Audio on a Dyna

929 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Coverdog 
#1 ·
I've tried out listening to bluetooth audio through a donated Sena SMH-10. They were free hand me downs so maybe are in rough shape? However, the sound sucked. Has anyone had good luck with something like this? They picture one example with the speakers mounted to the crash bars. I'm already running aux lights (LED), oil cooler fan, phone charger, and Power Vision off the stock Dyna electrical system.
Amplified Motorcycle Speaker System

or am I just better off sticking to my old standby of just listening to my D&D Fat Cat and leaving the tunes to the baggers?

#2 ·
I am far from being an audiophile. I have ridden a few friends bikes that had handle bar mounted sound systems, and didn't think much of the sound at all. As far as highway bar mounting, I believe that speakers need to be mounted in an area of "dead wind". I have an Electra Glide and notice a big difference in sound when I use my different size windshields. On a few occasions on my Dyna, I have used ear buds & my ipod under a 3/4 coverage helmet (illegal most states) with decent results.

#3 ·
600 watt Bluetooth sound system mounted to crash bars on wife's Lowrider. She has no complaints. Got it on Amazon for about $70.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.