Audio on a Dyna - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Coverdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Audio on a Dyna

I've tried out listening to bluetooth audio through a donated Sena SMH-10. They were free hand me downs so maybe are in rough shape? However, the sound sucked. Has anyone had good luck with something like this? They picture one example with the speakers mounted to the crash bars. I'm already running aux lights (LED), oil cooler fan, phone charger, and Power Vision off the stock Dyna electrical system.
Amplified Motorcycle Speaker System

or am I just better off sticking to my old standby of just listening to my D&D Fat Cat and leaving the tunes to the baggers?

'14 FXDL
USMC Veteran

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:19 AM

Garage
I am far from being an audiophile. I have ridden a few friends bikes that had handle bar mounted sound systems, and didn't think much of the sound at all. As far as highway bar mounting, I believe that speakers need to be mounted in an area of "dead wind". I have an Electra Glide and notice a big difference in sound when I use my different size windshields. On a few occasions on my Dyna, I have used ear buds & my ipod under a 3/4 coverage helmet (illegal most states) with decent results.

I ride like an old guy that wants to get older.

Pete / Breeze .380
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Just Ride

600 watt Bluetooth sound system mounted to crash bars on wife's Lowrider. She has no complaints. Got it on Amazon for about $70.00.

2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRunner View Post

or am I just better off sticking to my old standby of just listening to my D&D Fat Cat and leaving the tunes to the baggers?
I like music in my truck, but the exhaust is what I listen to on the bike. I dont miss music on a bike at all.
Thunder~Struck and Dyna FXD like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode