Harley Davidson Forums banner

Boom Audio Question

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Wrgiacona 
#1 ·
I have a 15 SGS and use an android phone. I understand the Boom box should restart with what ever media was on at shutdown... ford sync does this "on my 11 f150 after a flash update 5 years after buying it:/ " and my 12 SG did with the aquatic audio stereo I put on it..
My new "to me" ride does not..It comes back on and either goes to radio or the mp3 usb I have in the juke box port..
Is this normal?
Thanks..

#2 ·
Yes it is normal. The boom doesn't reboot to either a bluetooth connection or a USB connection.

And yes it takes way longer than it should for bluetooth to reconnect at all.

Reactions: dwlucero
#3 ·
Yep...that is normal. My '15 Ultra connects to my iPhone right away too, so I can choose either my iPhone or USB drive as soon as the BB boots. No delay for my bluetooth.

#4 ·
Jimmers,

Next time you have a minute start up you bike and time how long it takes for your iPhone to be an option via bluetooth.

Mine takes about the same amount of time that it takes to pull out of my driveway and go 3 blocks. I'd be curious if others are faster.

Reactions: dwlucero
#11 ·
I have a thumb drive with music loaded on it and if I had the USB playing when I stopped it comes right on.. Even before the system is done booting up.. It is however a pain in the tail waiting on it to boot up then waiting for the bluetooth phone to be connected then making it primary..Then maybe we get tunes like someone said "three blocks down the road".

I will try to make the phone try the boombox first so I hope that helps speed things up.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.