Harley Dyna Streetbob 2014 sputtering P1632 code - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Harley Dyna Streetbob 2014 sputtering P1632 code

Hi guys. Need some help here on some maybe cheap rectification before I get to Harley dealership which is quite far from the place I live. Only code it is giving is P1632 odometer learned up. I checked the obvious battery connections and looked for any loose wires but didn't find anything.

Speed sensors dirty or faulty? Ignition switch issue?

Anything that I can check easily without loosing pennies by sending to dealership as I need to tow the bike to avoid break down in middle of road.

Issue:
After a 2000km ride to different country, on the way back I have issues with the bike showing sign of loss of power. Thank god no issue while reaching destination And I manage to reach home safely. My speedo dropped to 0 but only for a moment and the bike started back up and speedo came back.

I knew something was but I manage to ride below 100km hr to reach home safely. Need to pull the clutch and rev to make sure the bike is up to speed.

Rectification attempt done myself:

1. I have New battery cables and Battery changed prior to the ride. Thinking maybe the battery is an issue I took the effort to reclaim a new battery from dealer thinking it was a battery issue. Changed it but issue still persists. Bike jerking and showing sign of stalling upon reving up the throttle and will die during at traffic lights or whenever I pull the clutch.

2. Changed my spark plugs and gave it a good service after the long ride.

After performing all rectification above, my dyna spitting and sputtering still persists . It's like every time it would sputter the bike was actually shutting off because the abs light would come on and the speedo would drop to 0 then catch back up.

Only code it is giving is P1632 odometer learned up.

I checked the obvious battery connections and looked for any loose wires but didn't find anything.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be great. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_4939_7831cad59e5398418ec532bddd97677e75da83b6.png
Views:	4
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	760041  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Just Ride

Regulator testing needed. Hope you got a manual, could you tube test procedure.

2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

YES. but my model bike is FXDB Dyna streetbob

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 06:37 AM
Just Ride

Double post won't get you help faster. As stated earlier and your other post check charging system. All twin cams check the same.

2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

sure will do... can let me know what can be checked?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 08:39 AM
Retired citizen

Garage
OP can check code P1632 in the electrical section stickys. Look for DTCs.

Disclaimer : Don't believe anything I say unless you are absolutely sure that I know what I'm talking about .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in